|Address||11350 SW 216 Street, Miami, FL|
|Hours of Operation||
|Amenities and Facilities|
The 30-acre Goulds Park in South Dade has top-notch recreational amenities, including a 400-meter track, a three-hole miniature golf course, baseball and softball fields, three full-size basketball courts with retractable bleachers, four tennis courts and a 50-meter swimming pool. The state-of-the-art basketball gym is available for rental. The park's swimming pool is open all year and offers Learn-To-Swim classes for children. There is also a recreation center, picnic tables and, an outdoor patio and grills, available for party rentals.
Goulds Park also offers after-school care and a sports development program for children ages 6 and up, from 2-5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Pool - Currently closed and under construction. For more information call 305-233-0537.
Tennis - offers four lighted tennis courts.
Free Comcast ''Internet Essentials'' Classes at Goulds Park
As part of a growing national effort to bring digital literacy and the power of the internet to the people who do not currently have access and skills, the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department has partnered with Comcast to offer Miami-Dade families a trio of free “Internet Essentials” computer training classes at Goulds Park.
- Basic Computers and Microsoft Software - Offers an introduction to computer basics, and installing and maneuvering Microsoft software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Finding and Applying for Jobs Online - Presents strategies for successful online job-hunting and submitting resumes and job application forms.
- Keeping Children Safe on the Internet - Informs parents about potential threats their child may encounter while browsing the Internet and offers tips for keeping them safe and responsible in their Internet use.
The Internet Essentials classes will be held:
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
There is no need to bring a computer, as lessons will be taught on classroom computers; however personal laptops may be used. Advance registration is required, call 305-255-2399.
As a component of Comcast’s Internet Essentials program, Comcast is providing low-cost broadband service for $9.95 a month and the option to purchase a full-service, Internet-ready computer for under $150. Households with at least one child who receives free or reduced price lunches through the National School Lunch Program may qualify. Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376) to request an application, and visit Internet Essentials.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:12:34 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.