Rules & RegulationsUndesirable Acts and Behavior
Rule 28. Noise
No person entering or upon parks, recreation and open space areas shall make excessive unnecessary noise and all provisions of Chapter 21-28 and 21-28.1 of the Miami-Dade County Code shall apply to and be enforced in all park areas.
Rule 29. Merchandising, vending, peddling, etc.
No person, organization or firm other than licensed concessionaires permitted by and acting under the authority of the Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department will expose or offer for sale, rent or trade, any article or thing, or station or place any stand, cart, or vehicle for the transportation, sale or display of any article or merchandise within the limits of any parks, recreation and open spaces area. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rule, Part 2, Art. 3, § 4, 6-16-59; Ord. No. 85-56, § 3, 7-16-85)
Rule 30. Advertising and publicity and signs
No person shall advertise or obtain publicity through any means whatsoever within or upon any park property, except as permitted by Article 6 of the Miami-Dade County Home Rule Charter. To insure compliance, specific approval in advance and in writing from the Department Director is required and such approval shall be so worded as to prohibit damage to or marring of park property or vegetation, disturbance of park patrons or the display of anything unsightly or in disharmony with park beauty. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rules, Part 2, Art 3, § 5, 6-16-59)
Rule 31. Public demonstration, gatherings, performances, speeches, etc.
The County Manager in conjunction with the Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department Director has the responsibility and authority to establish guidelines for the permitting for demonstrations, gatherings, performances or other mass assemblages at County parks. Such rules and regulations shall be codified in Administrative Order 8-3, as amended, and be readily accessible to the public.
Rule 32. Under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol intoxication
No person who is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will be permitted entry to parks or recreation areas and if discovered therein will be ejected forthwith.
Rule 33. Intoxicating liquors, beer, wine, etc.
Drinking of alcoholic liquors or beverages and the bringing of such into the park areas shall be permitted only under the circumstances set forth in the following paragraphs:
- (a) At certain special specifically designated facilities where meals or lunches are served under concession privileges, the sale of alcoholic liquors or alcoholic beverages by such concessionaire or his employees will be permitted under strict regulation, being restricted to certain hours of the day and under the special authorization and control of the Department. Such sales shall be made only in individual cups (not in original packages or otherwise in bulk) and shall be served for consumption on the immediate premises of the concession and such sales of beer and wine are to be permitted only in open containers for consumption on the immediate premises of the concession except that the sale of unopened containers through concessions furnishing boats will be permitted.
- (b) At picnic parties during hours of noon to sundown; and can only be consumed at picnic shelter areas or areas specifically designated by the Department Director. Special events as designated by the Department Director shall be exempt from the provisions of this paragraph.
- (c) Owners of boats or vessels regularly docked or moored at or in park marina areas, or occupants of cabanas, shall be permitted to transport alcoholic liquors or beverages across park properties for use on board said boats, vessels, or in cabanas only. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rules, Part 2, Art 4, § 1, 6-16-59; Ord. No. 97-36, § 1, 5-6-97)
- (d) The consumption of alcoholic beverages is specifically prohibited by those directing, participating in, or spectators of any athletic events, and in particular youth activities and programs organized by the County or self-organized and authorized under permit by the Department.
Rule 34. Proper use of facilities
- (a) No person over the age of ten (10) shall occupy such seats or benches or enter into such pavilions or other park structures or sections thereof that are reserved or designed by the Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department for the exclusive use of the opposite sex unless providing personal assistance to a person with a disability, when no unisex facility exists. Children ten (10) years of age and under entering such opposite sex facilities must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- (b) No person will loiter in or around any restroom, dressing room or bathhouse, picnic shelter, wooded or natural area. (Ord. No. 59-14, Rules, Part 2, Art. 3, § 8, 6-16-59)
Rule 35. Gambling
No person or organization shall conduct raffles, bingo games, or card games for money or drawings for prizes or participate in any other forms of gambling within park limits. (Ord. No 59-14, Rules, Part 2, Art. 3, § 2, 6-16-59)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.