As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Advocate for Parks
Public parks are a unique legacy that defines our community's character. From the smallest, pocket neighborhood park to the grandest metropolitan treasures, parks give spirit and vitality to residents of Miami-Dade County.
Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces play a vital role in promoting the quality of life and livability of communities where residents enjoy and improve their mental and physical health; conserve and protect natural and cultural resources and open spaces; responsibly use energy resources; and enjoy a clean, healthy environment.
Support is critical for adequate local, state and federal investments and policies that encourage the acquisition and development of parks, public lands, and recreation resources for Miami-Dade County.
Advocacy & Becoming a Park Champion
Park Champions are needed to share with elected officials the many ways parks and recreation agencies improve health and wellness, increase economic vitality and preserve natural resources in communities. Political decisions are being made today that will determine the fate of parks and recreation facilities for years to come.
Park, Recreation and Open Spaces programs and facilities will be impacted by these decisions. By educating legislators about the importance of Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces agencies and communicating with them about legislation that impacts public parks, you can help determine how those decisions will be made.
How to Advocate for Parks
- Telephone, write or visit your elected officials and tell them what you expect from them in making parks funding a priority in your community.
- Write an opinion editorial and submit to your local newspaper
- Get your newspaper to write an editorial
- Support Parks' legislative and policy platform
For additional advocacy information see the Florida Park and Recreation (FRPA) Legislative Handbook below:
The Parks Department is a Valuable Public Resource
- Creates outstanding recreational, natural and cultural opportunities for all
- Promotes the quality of life and livable communities where residents can enjoy and improve their mental and physical health
- Conserves and protects natural and cultural resources
- Promotes a clean, healthy environment
- Promotes health through physical activity
- Reconnects children with nature
- Protects open space for recreation
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.