Accessible pathways from the beach road onto the beach are available at Haulover Beach for use by persons with disabilities. Pathways are spread throughout the beach at five different areas, including north, central and south beaches. Showers and concession stands are wheelchair accessible.
|Crandon Park Beach
4000 Crandon Boulevard
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
10800 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33154
Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department welcomes people with disabilities to its beautiful sandy beach areas. To assist those who are mobility impaired, special beach wheelchairs, have been placed at beach areas. Following are some recommendations for making your use of the beach chair more enjoyable:
- Call ahead. Let our staff know when you'll be coming out. This will decrease waiting time. The chairs are available on a first come, first serve basis only. So although you've called, whoever gets there first gets the chair.
- Bring a friend. The beach chairs cannot be self-propelled and Park staff are not able to provide assistance with transferring into, or pushing you around in the chair. So bring someone to assist you.
- Keep track of time. Staff must store the chairs before they leave each day. Check with staff to know when you must return the chair. Haulover: Apr.-Oct., 9 a.m. -6 p.m.; Nov.-Mar., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Leave a deposit. There is no charge to use the beach chair, but you may be asked to leave something of value, (your wheelchair, driver's license, photo I.D., or keys, etc.) to ensure that the chair will be returned.
- Watch where you're going! The beachchair can go into water no more than 6"" deep because the wheels are very buoyant, so stay near the shoreline.
- The beach chair is in the greatest demand on Sunday afternoons. While there are four chairs at each of these locations, you may want to avoid this very busy time.
- Keep us posted. Let us know how we can improve our access to people with disabilities. If you have an important comment regarding the beachchair, please call our Americans With Disabilities Act Coordinator, Lucy Binhack, at 305-755-7848
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.