Walking ClubsWalking is one of the most aerobic sports, and is widely promoted for its cardiovascular benefits, improved circulation, stress release, calorie burning (weight loss) and overall boost to mental and physical energy levels while improving your health and self-esteem. Walking offers the same cardiovascular benefits that can be received from running. Participants can get an aerobic workout by simply putting one foot in front of the other and enjoying the magnificent scenery within the Miami-Dade Parks system!
Who Can ParticipateAnyone and everyone!
All participants will be required to walk, at their own pace and schedule at any participating Miami-Dade facility. Walkers will keep a personal log of their progress based on the honor system. A Miami-Dade Parks Walking Club Registration and Release Form must be completed and turned into the participating facility coordinator. Weekly mileage will be recorded and noted on the participation board within the participating facility. Participants are encouraged to seek the advice of their physician before beginning any exercise program.
The Miami-Dade Parks Walking Club is a year-round program. Recognition programs will be designed and initiated throughout the year by each individual facility, based on program participation. Walkers will be recognized throughout the year based on documented mileage:
- Registration - water bottle
- 25 miles - T-Shirt
- 50 miles - water bottle lanyard/sweatband
- 100 miles - calculator & certificate
- 250 miles - visor
- 350 miles - pedometer
- 500 miles - 500-Gold T-shirt
- Deerwood Bonita Lakes Park,14445 SW 122 Ave., Miami; Contact: Daryl Miller, 305-234-1660
- West Perrine Park, 10301 SW 170 Avenue, Miami; Contact: Julie Banks. 305-235-2053
- Goulds Park, 11350 SW 216 St., Miami; Contact: Victor Jenkins, 305-255-2399
- South Dade Park, 28151 SW 164 Avenue, Miami; Contact: Lasonja Davis-Miller, 305-247-9453
- Continental Park, 10000 SW 82 Ave., Miami; Contact: Joe Fernandez, 305-274-9666
- Tropical Estates Park, 10201 SW 48 St., Miami; Contact: Denise Tezanos, 305-226-5782
- Westwind Lakes Park, 6805 SW 152 Ave., Miami; Contact: Mercy Morgan, 305-380-9106
- North Trail Park, 780 NW 127 Ave., Miami; Contact: Francisco Yanes, 305-207-2420
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park (MLK), 6160 NW 32 Ct., Miami; Contact: Marvin Burroughs, 305-633-2044
- Arcola Lakes Park, 1301 NW 83 St., Miami; Contact: Trenise Henderson/Marvin Burroughs, 305-836-5095
- Gwen Cherry Park (Y.E.T.), 7090 NW 22 Ave., Miami; Contact: Bobby Johnson, 305-694-4889
- Highland Oaks Park, 20300 NE 24 Ave., Miami; Contact: Lerida Delgado, 305- 932-2164
- Country Village Park, 6550 NW 188 Terr., Miami; Contact: Linda Baker, 305-622-2594
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.