Fit2Play Summer Camps 2013
June 10 - August 16, 2013
Open Regular Hours 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Early Drop off 7:30 a.m.
Late Pick-up option 6:00 p.m.
$40 - $90* per week
Plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12.
*Financial assistance is available to families in need. Register and apply for assistance in person at the park.
General Camps will not only thrill and challenge your child, but are fully supervised, offering parents peace of mind, while their child enjoys a full recreational schedule with fitness activities, sports, arts and crafts, nature encounters, quiet games, and field trips.Each day's session includes Sports, Play and Active Recreation for Kids (SPARK) activities. SPARK is an evidence-based, outcome-oriented active recreation component of Miami-Dade Parks ''Fit2Play'' programs, dedicated to improving the quantity and quality of physical activity that children engage in. It is designed to develop and improve motor skills, movement knowledge, and social and personal skills. With parental permission, Miami-Dade County Parks will track and measure key health indicators in participants, such as blood pressure and Body Mass Index (BMI), assisting parents and children to make informed decisions about their fitness and nutrition needs. Upon completion of the programs, participants will know how much their fitness levels have improved through charted documentation. Miami-Dade County Parks' camps are inclusive so children with disabilities may attend general camps. Specialized camps exclusively for children with disabilities are also available and are managed by Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists.
There are also Specialized Camps which focus on a specific interest and offer unique experiences that include EcoAdventuresTM, Nature-Science, Sports, Cultural Arts, Deering and Zoo Miami camps. Specialized Camps also include Learn-to-Swim programs are also offered at all Miami-Dade County public pools, which are taught by American Red Cross certified water-safety instructors.
Specialized Camps are competitively priced, ranging from $100 - $225 per week. Camps for children with disabilities are FREE.
EcoAdventures' Nature Adventure Camps for Children & Teens
Nature Adventure Camps for Children & Teens Boys and girls, together with naturalist guides that are also certified in water safety, will have fun exploring the South Florida environment through a variety of fun and exciting activities in a safe park environment ranging from nature hikes on wooded trails, canoeing/kayaking (age 9 and older), swimming (guarded pools), playing interactive nature games, arts and crafts, field trips to local park preserves, Zoo Miami, Monkey Jungle, Crandon Park, Shark Valley in Everglades National Park and more.
Camps hours are 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, and offer 7:30 a.m. early drop-offs and 6:00 p.m. late pick-up options. For additional information or to locate an EcoAdventures- Camp near you, visit www.miamiecoadventures.org, or see the below listing and contacts:
- Sense of Wonder Nature Center at A.D. Barnes ParkNature Detectives (Ages 6-8); Nature Explorers (Ages 9-14)
Meets at the AD Barnes Park Nature Center, 3401 SW 72 Ave., Miami.
- $111/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. For more information, call 305-662-4124.
- Camp Manatee at Greynolds Park (Ages 6-14)
Meets at the Greynolds Park Boathouse, 17530 West Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach.
- $111/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. For more information, call 305-948-2891/305-944-6111.
- Camp on the Sea (Ages 12 - 17)
Marine science, South Florida ecology, and aquatic adventures are the focus of this unique camp. Campers will explore the coastal waters and off-shore coral reefs through snorkeling, kayaking, canoeing, and paddle boarding activities. Participants must be able to pass a mandatory swim test.
- $175/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. The excursion will launch from various locations. For more information, call 305-662-4124.
- Fishing Camp (Freshwater) at Tropical Park (Ages 9 - 15)
Meets at Tropical Park, 7900 SW 40 Street Miami, FL 33155, Monday, July 22nd - Friday, August 16th, 2013
- The cost is $125 / Daily: $42 $12 annual registration fee
Drop-off: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Camp hours: 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Pick-up: 4:00-6:00 p.m.
For more information call 305-662-4124.
- The cost is $125 / Daily: $42 $12 annual registration fee
- Deering Estate at Cutler Summer Camps & Eco Explorers (Ages 6 - 8) Expedition Deering (Ages 9 - 14)
Campers will enjoy the Deering Estate at Cutler as a base camp for exploring our many South Florida habitats. Weekly themed camps consists of three field trips (ZooMiami, state preserves, national parks, museums, cultural arts facilities, and more) and two days of nature-based learning with plenty of adventures ranging from hiking and biking to eco-art projects; plus water related activities like kayaking, canoeing and snorkeling.
Ten five-day sessions are available! Each session focuses on a different theme:
- Session 1: -Getting Dirty,- June 10 - 14
- Session 2: -Moving and Grooving,- June 17 - 21
- Session 3: -Time Travelers,- June 24-28
- Session 4: -Where the wild things are?,- July 1 - 5
- Session 5: -Wild and Crazy,- July 8 - 12
- Session 6: -Under the Sea,- July 15 - 19
- Session 7: -To the Extreme,- July 22 - 26
- Session 8: -Do or Die,- June 29 - August 2
- Session 9: -Ocean Commotion,- August 5 -9
- Session10: -Planet Patrol,- August 12 - 16
$125/5-day session - Eco Explorers Camp
$188/5-day session - Expedition Deering Camp
Plus a one-time $12 annual camp registration fee and $9/week field trip transportation fee.
Camp hours are 8:30am. - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
Early drop-off starts at 7:30 a.m. with no additional cost.
Late-pick up is available from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. for an additional fee of $10/day.
For more information, please call the Deering Estate Ticket Office at 305-235-1668 ext. 233 or visit www.deeringestate.org. You can also visit the Deering Estate located at 16701 SW 72nd Ave Miami.
June 10 - August 2 Junior Naturalist (Ages 15 - 18)
Our Junior Naturalist Program gives teens the opportunity to develop leadership, team building, and career skills. Our first session will focus on a nature based learning orientation and the essential certifications of First Aid, CPR, and Water Safety that would prepare the Junior Naturalist to be a well-qualified volunteer.
- $188 5-day session, plus a one-time $12 annual camp registration fee, and a $9/week field trip transportation fee. Camp hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.There may be additional fees for transportation and/or special field trips.
There may be additional fees for transportation and/or special field trips. For more information, please call the Deering Estate Ticket Office at 305-235-1668 ext. 233 or visit www.deeringestate.org.
- Session 1: June 10 -14
- Session 2: June 17- 28
- Session 3: July 8 -19
- Session 4: July 22 - August 2
June 10 - August 16 Cheerleading/Dance Camp (Ages 6 - 14)
Learn jumps, chants, and modern and jazz dance techniques. Program includes field trips. Tamiami Park, 10901 SW 24 St.
- $100/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. For more information, call 786-315-5295.
June 10 - August 16 Basketball Camp (Ages 8 - 14)
Trained staff will teach team and individual play using defensive and offensive drills to improve skills and knowledge of the game.
- $100/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. Program includes field trips and tournaments. Tamiami Park, 10901 SW 24 St. For more information, call 786-315-5295.
June 10 - July 5 Football Camp (Ages 9 -17)
This is an intensive camp on football fundamentals, including position skill drills, film sessions and 7-on-7 games. Tropical Park, 7900 SW 40 St.
- $110/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12. For more information, call 305-226-8315, ext. 221.
June 10 - August 23 Golf Camp
Children and teens will learn the fundamentals of golf from PGA Professional instructors. Topics include putting, short game, full swing, bunkers, rules, and etiquette. Golf clubs are provided for those who need them.
Country Club of Miami (Ages 8 - 15)
Resident instructor and PGA Professional, Larry Levow, has been featured on the Golf Channel and has taught golfers of all levels including PGA Tour players. Camp is held Monday - Friday and is offered in full-day (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)/half-day (9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) sessions.
- $255/week for full-day sessions and $175/week for half-day sessions.
Includes instruction, golf clubs, practice balls and short course play. Students must provide their own lunch. Country Club of Miami, 6801 NW 168 St. For more information call 305-828-8456, ext. 249 / cell: 561-702-9202, or visit Florida Golf Lessons
Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne (Ages 4 - 16)
Campers will learn at the state of the art practice facilities of Crandon Golf Academy. PGA Professional, Alex Fernandez, uses the latest training and instructional techniques, including video analysis, for junior player development. Camp is held Monday - Friday and is offered in full-day (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)/half-day (9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) sessions.
- $500/week for full-day sessions and $250/week for half-day sessions.
Lunch is provided with full-day session. Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne, 6700 Crandon Boulevard. For more information call 786-253-2548, or visit Florida Golf Lessons
Palmetto Golf Course (Ages 5 - 15)
PGA Professional, Michael Ford, brings the latest training and development techniques from Crandon Golf Academy to Palmetto Golf Course. Camp is Monday - Friday and is offered in full-day (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)/half-day (9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) sessions.
- $300/week for full-day sessions and $175/week for half-day sessions.
Soccer 5 Kids Academy Mini-Soccer Program
Kids ages 3 - 12 will learn about the history of mini soccer, the basics of how to play, reasons why mini soccer is the preferred form of soccer play for kids, youth, and even adults, and will have the opportunity to play in 3 v 3 up to 7 v 7 matches to gain long-lasting experience in the sport.
June 10 - August 16 Women-s Park Summer Arts Camp for Girls - -G.E.M.- (Ages 11 - 16)
GEM (Girls Empowerment and Mentoring), at Women-s Park, focuses on the role of women in the development of our community and the arts. Participants will enjoy classes and workshops in the visual and performing arts, photography, and women-s history. The GEM program challenges and inspires girls to develop and improve their communication, leadership and artistic skills.
The cost is $75/week, plus a one-time annual registration fee of $12 (includes early drop-off at 7:30 a.m. / late pick-up until 6:00 p.m.) Women-s Park, 10251 W. Flagler St. For more information, call 305-271-0812.
Jun 17 - Aug 9 Zoofari Summer Camp at Zoo Miami (Ages 4-13)
Zoofari is a fun-filled learning adventure for children which includes live animal presentations, craft projects, zookeeper talks, wildlife enrichment activities, visits to exhibits, recreational games, and more!
- $175/week for Zoological Society of Florida (ZSF) members and
- $195/week for non-members. Pre-registration is required.
Disability Services Free Camps
June 10 - August 9 Miami-Dade Parks Disability Services FREE Camps for Children with Disabilities
Those with disabilities will find enriching camp experiences, including sports, swimming, arts and crafts, and field trips. Specialized camps for children with disabilities only, are managed by Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists.
- Camp Matecumbe,13841 SW 120 St.; for more information, call Belinda Phillips, 305-752-4966, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coral Estates Park,1405 SW 97 Ave.; for more information, call Celia Leyva, 305-226-1622, or e-mail: email@example.com.
- Goulds Park,21805 SW 114 Ave.; for more information, call Jody Cox, 305-234-1673, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greynolds Park,18601 NE 22 Ave.; for more information, call Kim Fowler, 305-954-3425, or e-mail: Kfowler@miamidade.gov.
- Tamiami Park,11201 SW 24 St.; for more information, call Arlene Bouza-Jou, 305-222-2128, or e-mail: email@example.com.
- Westwind Lakes Park,6805 SW 152 Ave.; for more information, call Diana Bonet, 305-380-9106, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn-to-Swim Programs and Pools
Boys and girls are taught to swim by certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors. Various levels of courses, including Parent and Tots (ages 2-5), are offered for children, adults, and persons with disabilities.
Fees vary for each facility. Call the pool of your choice for more information. Pool lifts are available at all pools.
Kids ages 3 - 12 will learn about the history of mini soccer, the basics of how to play, reasons why mini soccer is the preferred form of soccer.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.