Enjoy Free Admission and a Variety of Activities at the Deering Estate at Cutler's Fee-Free ''P.L.A.Y.'' Days
(MIAMI, July 31, 2014) — The Deering Estate at Cutler will offer free admission to all guests on Saturday, August 16th, and Saturday, September 20th, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. as part of their annual Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Days. Guests can enjoy complimentary admission as well as hands on science activities and historic house tours – all for free! Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
The Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Days were created to honor the Deering Estate’s partner organizations and the community. Our partner organizations and program partners will be on-site providing information and a variety of activities. On Saturday, August 16th we will honor teachers and environmental educators and on Saturday, September 20th we will honor the Scouts. The entire public can enjoy a variety of programs and activities – all for free!
We invite our guests to “P.L.A.Y.” – Preservation, Learning, Adventure, Year-Round – and enjoy the many tours, educational programs, and special events that the Estate has to offer.
Activities & Programs on Saturday, August 16th include:
- Historic House Tours at 10:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.;
- Eco Art Workshop in the Carriage House Classroom at 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Dreams of Planting - Eco Art with Artist in Residence Nancy Martini is an educational art activity, for all ages, that uses released plant pigments, silk pouches and seeds to encourage a generation of home garden growers;
- Rain Barrel & Water Conversation Workshop presented by University of Florida Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences, Miami-Dade County Cooperative Extension Service, and Florida Yards & Neighborhoods Program from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Pump House Classroom. The workshop is free; pre registration is required to purchase rain barrels. The cost for rain barrels is $40. If you wish to complete a rain barrel to take home you must register and pay by August 15th. Walk ups for workshop are welcome. Limited Space Available. For more information, please contact Barbara McAdam at 305-248-3311 ext. 245 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Tropical fruit display provided by Fruit & Spice Park;
- Bring your expired or non-expired prescription medications or expired medications to be recycled by Covanta Dade Renewable Energy Ltd.
About the Deering Estate at Cutler
The Deering Estate at Cutler, a Miami-Dade County Park, is located at 16701 SW 72 Avenue in Miami. This 444-acre natural and archeological preserve and historic site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and serves as a center for education, culture and recreation. Historic house tours are offered daily at 10:30 am & 3:00 pm and are free with Estate admission. For more information on the Deering Estate's educational and cultural programs, please visit www.deeringestate.org.