As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
- Toll Plaza
- Toll prices
The Rickenbacker Causeway toll plaza processes traffic through four lanes for entry to the islands of Key Biscayne and Virginia Key, as well as the beaches along the causeway.
All tolls on the Rickenbacker and Venetian Causeways are collected electronically. C-Pass transponders or cash are no longer accepted.
|Number of Axles||SunPass||Toll-By-Plate|
|Per each additional axle||$4.05||$4.20|
The cost of the Rickenbacker Causeway Resident Plan is $24 per vehicle. The price of the annual plan will not be pro-rated.
To obtain a Rickenbacker Causeway Resident Plan, you'll need to provide:
- A copy of current driver's license showing a Key Biscayne residential address
- Current vehicle registration – Vehicle must be registered to the account holder and reflect Key Biscayne residential address
- Proof of Residency – Customer must present one of the following: property tax bill, current utility bill (FPL or Water), and telephone or cable bill, each reflectingthe same residential address as the driver's license
The Rickenbacker Resident Plan is available for two-axle non-commercial vehicles only.
All annual plans require a valid SunPass.
For questions regarding the annual plan or the renewal process, call 305-854-2468 or email [email protected].Back to Top
The Rickenbacker Causeway Commuter Plan provides unlimited passage through the Rickenbacker Toll Plaza.
Commuters are restricted to persons employed or attending school on the Rickenbacker Causeway or Key Biscayne. This annual plan is valid from October 1 to September 30, and can be purchased online or in person at the Service Center located at 4299 Rickenbacker Causeway.
The cost of the Rickenbacker Causeway Commuter Plan is $60 per vehicle. The annual plan rate will not be pro-rated.
To obtain a Rickenbacker Causeway Commuter Plan, you'll need to provide:
- Copy of current vehicle registration. Registration must contain the name of the person purchasing the plan
- Proof of employment, one of the following is accepted: copy of a pay stub reflecting Kay Biscayne business address or a company letter along with a pay stub (if Key Biscayne address is not reflected in the pay stub)
- Or proof of school enrollment: academic schedule with student ID
The Rickenbacker Commuter Plan is available for two-axle non-commercial vehicles only.
All annual plans require a valid SunPass.Back to Top
Weight limits and wide loads
There are no posted limits on the Rickenbacker, which does not mean that unlimited loads can traverse the bridges. Only legal loads as defined by Florida Statute are allowed.
The maximum width of a vehicle including load that can be accommodated through the Rickenbacker Toll Plaza is 13 feet. The maximum height clearance is 15 feet. In the event that the size of a vehicle exceeds these limits, contact:
Miami-Dade Police Department / Wide Load Escort
Special Patrol Bureau - Motorcycle Unit
1519 NW 79th Avenue, Doral, FL 33126
Email: [email protected]
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.