Last Visited »
Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
- Provided financial support for Health and Fitness, Cultural, Environmental and Educational programs serving over 8,000 children, 264 seniors and 2,500 persons with disabilities
- Provided over 1,500 children with swimming lessons, free of charge
- Nearly 600 children were provided safe, structured after-school programs at no or low-cost
- More than 700 children learned how to bike safely, in partnership with the University of Miami's BikeSafe™ Program.
- Provided support to more than 50 girls between the ages of 11 to 15 registered each year in the G.EM. (Girls Empowerment and Mentoring) Program with projects, workshops and mentoring opportunities to build self-esteem, strengthen their connection to the community, and provide quality arts experiences.
- Attracted 35,000 visitors to arts and culture, recreation and community events
- Hosted 20 community events including movie nights, farmer’s markets, concerts, festivals, and tournaments
- Hosted over 1,500 volunteers in community service activities including park beautification, clean-up and program enrichment