As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Citizen Volunteer Program (CVP)
The CVP offers a variety of interesting assignments in various locations throughout the Miami-Dade Police Department (MDPD). To date, many volunteers have served the MDPD in a wide range of administrative functions. Volunteers may serve during the day, at night, or during weekends. The Department may utilize their present skills, or train them in new skills which benefit the Department and the community. Volunteers are recognized as an integral part in assisting the Department in ensuring public safety, and in strengthening our relationship with the community who we serve. The members of the CVP help support our officers so that they can remain focused on providing efficient police service to the community. The CVP is NOT designed to allow volunteers to function in a law enforcement capacity or to work in situations with a high propensity of danger. The CVP is NOT a mechanism for a volunteer to supersede the Department's Observer Program Requirements.
We welcome citizens who wish to volunteer their services for the benefit of the Department and our community. The Citizen Volunteer Program is designed for members of the community who want to:
- Learn more about law enforcement
- Develop individual job skills
- Make new friends and contacts
- Help the police department in fighting crime and assisting members of the community
- Be recognized as a member of a team with a focused mission.
The requirements to be a citizen volunteer are that the candidate must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Submit to a thorough background check
- Commit to a minimum of six (6) hours a week and one (1) year of service
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Citizen Volunteer Program, please send an email to the Citizen Volunteer Program with the following information:
- Phone number
- Interest/motivation for participation in the Citizen Volunteer Program
Once your email is received, your information will be entered into an email distribution list and notified within four (4) to six (6) weeks of an upcoming orientation session.
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:18:30 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.