Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where should I file my process?

Process should be filed with the Clerk of Courts.

How will I know when my process has been served or no-serviced?

Once the process has been served or no-serviced a return of service is mailed to the plaintiff at the address provided on the process. The plaintiff can also call the Court Services Section at 305-375-5100 to request a service check to obtain the status of the process.

Can I get a refund for process that has not been served?

Per Florida Statute 30.231 all fees collected shall be nonrefundable and shall be earned when each original request or service of process is made.

Do I need to pay for another service attempt on process that was no-serviced by the Court Services Section?

Yes. See Fees and Procedures.



Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56:51 AM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.