Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Information Technology Services Bureau
9105 Northwest 25th Street
Doral, FL 33172-1500 USA
Commander: Jose Rivero
The Information Technology Services Bureau (ITSB) provides technology infrastructure support for the MDPD delivery of essential services. This effort includes the telecommunications network, personal computers, email communication, customer service center, and security. The Bureau offers technical expertise for training programs and major events such as the Super Bowl, Job and Youth Fairs, Command Post operations, and for hurricanes and disaster response.
ITSB by the Numbers
- 40 Remote sites supported
- 80 Software applications supported
- 143 Servers supported
- 175 Active devices connecting to BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- 223 Exchange mailboxes for access via BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
- 669 Exchange mailboxes for access via Exchange ActiveSync (access via smartphones).
- 1,000 Personal computers replaced per year
- 4,012 End-users supported
- 4,500 Personal computers, printers, and peripherals supported
- 20,000 Service calls per year
- 20,600 Monthly Blackberry email messages
Real-Time Crime Center (RTCC)
The Miami-Dade Police Department has established the first Real-Time Crime Center (RTCC) in the southeastern United States. The RTCC offers the unique service of an aggregated search with immediate analysis of available data. The RTCC has two significant functions: the Critical Support Unit (CSU) and the Investigative Support Unit (ISU). The CSU is responsible for the coordination and distribution of real-time information to police officers and investigators. This situation-awareness-enhancing intelligence information is distributed via radio, Computer-Aided Dispatch, and other devices. Such varied distribution ensures a more effective and timely response to criminal activity and calls for service. The ISU is tasked with providing current and comprehensive data collected by MDPD in addition to data from other agencies. The goal is to assist in researching and/or in providing "real-time" information to officers and detectives.
RTCC by the Numbers (January 19, 2015 to September 17, 2015)
- 17,914 Critical Incidents reviewed
- 2,532 Critical Incidents Assigned for investigation
- 499 Investigative Requests from Detectives
- 268 Investigative Requests via Radio
- 321 Investigative Requests Completed
- 178 Investigative Requests In Progress
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Mon Oct 5, 2015 7:33:26 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.