As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Seaport Operations Bureau
903 S. America Way, 2nd Floor
Miami, FL 33132 USA
Chief: Franklin Roig
Seaport Operations Bureau Mission
The Seaport Operations Bureau maintains a full time, dedicated staff of sworn law enforcement personnel permanently assigned to PortMiami (PM). The Seaport Operations Bureau provides regular uniformed police services such as responding to calls for service, traffic control, routine patrol, terminal and facility security, and random police security checkpoints in response to the changes in MARSEC levels.
General Investigations Unit
- Has the primary responsibility of ensuring the complete and accurate investigation of offenses occurring at PortMiami.
- The investigation of offenses occurring on vessels while at sea, which have been deferred by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- Coordinates investigations with Federal, state and local partners.
Auto Theft Task Force
- Has the primary responsibility for investigating all auto thefts and vehicle burglaries within PortMiami.
- Is responsible for investigation of all cases relating to the exportation of stolen vehicles through PortMiami and PortMiami River.
- Responsible for the inspection of all vehicles being exported through PortMiami and PortMiami River.
- Coordinates the Auto Theft Task Force, a function that is supported by MDPD District Auto Theft detectives in collaboration with local, state, and Federal partners.
Harbor Patrol Unit
- Enforces maritime laws in the inland waterways and shipping channels surrounding PortMiami
- Inspects vessels
- Renders assistance and works with other agencies at PortMiami to include, US Coast Guard, US Customs and Border Protection and local municipalities
- Conducts dive operations at PortMiami
- Conducts explosive searches and sweeps
- Routinely patrols the passenger terminals and cargo areas
- Assists manpower units in handling calls for service
Incident Containment Team (ICT)
The primary goal of ICT is to enhance the overall safety and security of PortMiami, its employees and the traveling public. The mission of ICT is to provide the immediate response to a threat, actual terrorist incident, or major criminal event.
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Mon May 7, 2018 7:58:49 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.