Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Important Global Message

The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit:

File a Non-Emergency Police Report Online

Welcome to the Miami-Dade Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System.

If this is an Emergency please call 911.

The online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. You can use this report to file with your insurance company.

All cases filed within this system will be reviewed, but for a number of reasons most will not be investigated. However, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted for follow-up or additional details.

Only certain crimes and incidents are available for on-line reporting, as they usually do not require an in-person police response. If your crime or incident type is not listed as an option for on-line reporting, you will need to call the non-emergency number 305-4POLICE to report the crime or incident.

You Can Report the Following Crimes and Incidents Online:

  • Lost Property
  • Civil LandLord/Tenant Disputes
  • Verbal Threats
  • Thefts
  • Burglaries - Vehicle, and Unlocked/Open Garage, Shed Utility Room, Storage Container
  • Criminal Mischief/Vandalism
  • Harassing Phone Calls

File a report online

Before you can file a report, you must make sure that all of the following are true:

  • The incident is Not an Emergency.
  • The incident occurred within the unincorporated area of Miami-Dade County or within the Town of Cutler Bay, Village of Palmetto Bay, or Town of Miami Lakes. If you are unsure, verify your address municipality by entering it below and clicking on the Verify Address Municipality button:
    (After you have entered your address and received the search results, please look for the "Municipality Name" and ensure it states Unincorporated Miami-Dade, Town of Miami Lakes, Village of Palmetto Bay, or Town of Cutler Bay)
Address: Zip:

  • There are no known Suspects.
  • There are no weapons involved.
  • There are no injuries.
  • You are 18 Years of age or older.
  • You have a valid email address.
  • The incident did not occur on Miami-Dade County School property.
  • The incident did not occur on a state or federal numbered highway/freeway (ie., State Road 836, US 1).

If any of the above is not a true statement, then you cannot use this system, and you will need to contact the Communications Center at 305-476-5423 (305-4POLICE) and have an officer respond to take a report.If the above statements are true concerning your incident, then you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.

Upon completion of this report process:

  • You will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
  • You will receive a temporary tracking number that will begin with a "T", and upon final approval of your report, you will be given a police report case number.
  • You may need to add to your contact list so that the notifications are not rejected by your email provider as "spam" or "junk mail."
  • You will be sent a confirmation email so long as you provide a valid email address, and be able to receive emails at this same address.
  • You may print or save an unofficial copy of your report for your records.

Filing a False Police Report is a First Degree Misdemeanor,
punishable by a fine up to $1,000.00 and/or imprisonment
not to exceed one (1) year.

Start your online report here

If you can not access your report online, contact Coplogic Technical Support Center

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:53:09 PM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.