Payment Acceptance Policy
The Miami-Dade Police Department reserves the right to refuse to accept a particular form of payment in any case, or from any individual or company. If a question should arise, the decision of the Court Services Bureau is final. Payment can be made in the following forms:
- Cash (United States currency only)
- Money Orders
Must bear the name, address, and telephone number of the payer. If a company or government agency, the name of an agent or contact person must appear on the face of the money order.
Checks will not be accepted from any individual in bad payment standing with the Miami-Dade Police Department.
Only the following types of checks are accepted:
- Those issued by a government agency, which is part of a governmental body located within the United States of America.
- Cashier's Checks.
- Company checks from law firms.
- Company and personal checks whose account holder is physically located in MIami-Dade County
All checks must:
- Bear the imprinted name and street address of the payer (a Post Office Box is not a street address). If a company or government agency, the name of an agent or contact person must also be written on the check.
- Bear a contact telephone number for the payer or his representative.
- Have the full style of the case written on the front of the check.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.