Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Automated Garbage and Trash Collection (Twice Weekly)
Each household is provided with a standard 96-gallon green waste cart. Your wheeled cart is designed to hold all of your garbage and trash (grass, leaves, tree trimmings).
Simply fill your cart and place it at the curb by 7 a.m. on your service days. When service is complete, remove your cart from the right-of-way and return it to its storage place.
Garbage and trash collection is provided every service day, rain or shine, except the following holidays as observed by Miami-Dade County Government: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Independence Day and Christmas.
- Please place your cart on the right-of-way (the area between the sidewalk and street edge -- or, where sidewalks do not exist, the area between the street and property line) within three feet of the street.
- Please keep your green waste and blue recycling carts at least five feet apart and away from mailboxes, parked cars, poles and other obstacles.
- Make sure all waste fits inside the green waste cart and the lid closes completely.
- Bag your household garbage before placing it in the cart, and rinse /clean your cart as needed.
- Please don't stack items on top of or alongside your waste cart. They can't and won't be collected.
- Don't use the green waste cart for rocks, dirt, tile, construction and demolition debris, free-flowing liquids, flammables, automobile batteries, propane tanks or other home chemical waste.
- Smaller 35- and 65-gallon green waste carts are available. To exchange your cart, call 3-1-1.
- For information on the department's additional carts program, call 305-514-6666, ext. 1000.
- If your green waste cart is stolen, call the police department (non-emergency number) and obtain a case number. Then contact 3-1-1 with the police case number. A replacement cart will be delivered to you at no charge.
- If your cart is damaged by the automated equipment, call 3-1-1 to report it and a replacement cart will be provided at no charge.
- If your cart is damaged because of misuse or placement of unacceptable materials, you will be responsible for purchasing a replacement cart.
- If you are disabled or need assistance moving your waste cart to the curb, you can apply for special assistance waste collection service by calling 3-1-1.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Items
Items Not Allowed
|Household Garbage and Trash||Rocks or Dirt|
|Yard Trimmings (grass and leaves)||Construction Debris|
|Household Hazardous Waste|
Residents receiving automated garbage collection service may not use garbage cans other than the County issued recycling bin.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.