Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Block Party Permits
Block Party / Event Permits are issued free of charge by the Public Works and Waste Management Department, Traffic Engineering Division for the temporary closing of residential streets for non-commercial purposes. Commercial events, such as races, are also permitted under this process, however commercial advertising, signs or banners are prohibited in the public right-of-way.
Apply Online for a Block Party Permit
This tool will help you find all the documents available online.
Things to Know
- A permit is not valid without the written approval (i.e. signatures on the permit) of the Police and Fire Departments.
- Block Party road closings are not permitted between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- The street(s) must be completely barricaded with adequate flashers. A barricade rental contract or receipt is required by Miami-Dade Police Department.
- The permit must be submitted to the Chief of the Fire Department and the Captain of the Miami-Dade Police Department listed on the permit. Please note that the Police Department requires at least 5 working days advance notice.
- If the noise level or attendees’ conduct becomes objectionable to the area residents, the Miami-Dade Police Department may terminate the event, at their sole discretion.
- Permittee shall bear all responsibility for any damages in the public right-of-way and clean up the right-of-way following the event.
- The sale of merchandise or service is expressly forbidden in the public right-of-way.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.