(MIAMI, August 23, 2012) – The Miami-Dade County Public Works and Waste Management Department has announced that hours have been extended at all 13 of its Trash and Recycling Centers (TRC) in response to any possible future impact from Tropical Storm Isaac. The TRCs normally close their gates at 5:30 p.m. but they will now open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily, until further notice.
Please note that the TRCs are open only to Miami-Dade County waste collection customers:
- North Dade, 21500 NW 47 Avenue
- Norwood, 19901 NW 7 Avenue
- Palm Springs North, 7870 NW 178 Street
- Golden Glades, 140 NW 160 Street
- West Little River, 1830 NW 79 Street
- Snapper Creek, 2200 SW 117 Avenue
- Sunset Kendall, 8000 SW 107 Avenue
- Chapman Field, 13600 SW 60 Avenue
- Richmond Heights, 14050 Boggs Drive
- West Perrine, 16651 SW 107 Avenue
- Eureka Drive, 9401 SW 184 Street
- South Miami Heights, 20800 SW 117 Court
- Moody Drive, 12970 SW 268 Street
The Public Works and Waste Management Department provides complete curbside waste collection services to residents in the unincorporated service area and the cities of Aventura, Cutler Bay, Doral, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest and Sunny Isles Beach.
For more information, visit the Department's website at www.miamidade.gov/publicworks.