Join Miami-Dade County Public Works and Waste Management Department and partners at the Celebrate Earth Eco Fair April 5th
(MIAMI, March 27, 2014) – The Miami-Dade County Public Works and Waste Management Department (PWWM) and its sponsoring partners are all set for the Celebrate Earth Eco Fair, in honor of Earth Day in April. The event takes place Saturday, April 5th, 2014, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at the West Perrine Trash and Recycling Center, 16651 SW 107 Avenue.
The Celebrate Earth Eco Fair is free of charge and will feature a number of resources for residents, also free of charge:
- Free document shredding (maximum two banker’s boxes per person/family/vehicle), thanks to sponsoring partner Shred Monkeys.
- Pharmaceutical drop-off for the safe and proper disposal of outdated prescription and over-the-counter medications, sponsored by Covanta Dade Renewable Energy.
- Showerhead and light bulb exchange, courtesy of the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department.
- Free refreshments (while supplies last), sponsored by Progressive Waste Solutions, World Waste Recycling and Covanta Dade Renewable Energy.
- Free reusable tote bag to the first 50 persons in attendance.
Attendees at the Celebrate Earth Eco Fair will be given a “passport” to be stamped at the various informational tables at the event. “Green” vehicles will be on display and attendees will be able to take the “Eco Pledge” by signing a special banner and pledging to help make the environment better.
For more information about the Celebrate Earth Eco Fair, visit the PWWM website at www.miamidade.gov/publicworks or call 3-1-1, the County’s Answer Center.