Waste Tire/Hauler Permit
Any person that is either principally or partially engaged in the selling, trading or otherwise transferring of new, used or waste tires within Miami-Dade County, whether such transactions are for cash, barter or without consideration. Any person transporting five or more waste tires for hire within Miami-Dade County.
Note: No Waste Tire Permit or vehicle decal may be assigned, transferred or sold. In the event of any change in the ownership and/or name of corporation/partnership, formal notification must be given to the Department within 30 days of the change.
How to apply and request a renewal
To apply for or renew a permit, complete the Waste Tire Permit Application and return it to the Permit Unit. To obtain an application, contact the Permit Unit at 305-514-6610. Every item on the application must be complete or the application will be returned not processed.
Residents who have received a citation and want to request an extension or request an arrangement for partial payment must be directed to Public Works and Waste Management, Enforcement Division at 305-514-6700.
Permitted Waste Tire Haulers are required to maintain vehicle liability insurance covering each vehicle in an amount not less than the minimum required by Florida law for the type of vehicle insured.
- $25.00 Application Fee
- $75.00 Operating Permit Fee for each tire generation site
For Waste Tire Haulers:
- $25.00 Application Fee
- $25.00 Vehicle Registration Fee for each hauling vehicle
If you are both a Waste Tire Generator and a Waste Tire Hauler, you would pay only one $25.00 application fee and the applicable Operating Permit and Vehicle Registration fees. As an example, “ABC” Tire Company has six locations and two tire hauling trucks serving Miami-Dade County. They would pay a total of $525.00 per year ($25.00 Application fee + $75.00 x 6 sites + $25.00 x 2 trucks).
A personal check, company check, cashier's check or money order in the amount of the total fee made payable to the Miami-Dade Public Works and Waste Management Department must be included with the permit application. Visa and MasterCard are also accepted in person. No cash is accepted.
Permit reporting requirements
- Waste Tire Generators will provide the names and addresses of all waste tire haulers employed to remove waste tires within the past 12 months.
- Permitted Waste Tire Haulers will provide: 1) the names and addresses of all waste tire generators from which tires were collected within the past 12 months; 2) the names and addresses of all disposal facilities, waste tire processing facilities and recycling facilities used to dispose of tires within the past 12 months.
At the discretion of the Department, additional information may be requested as specified in Section 15-17-9 of the Miami-Dade County Code.
The following constitutes cause for revocation of a permit:
- the violation of any of the provisions of the Code of Miami-Dade County which violation endangers the public health, safety or welfare
- the violation of any of the terms or conditions of the permit
- the failure to promptly pay the fees or charges provided for in Chapter 15 of the Code
Appealing the denial or revocation of a permit
You may appeal a denied or revoked permit to the Director. The notice of appeal must be filed in writing with the Director no later than 14 days after the receipt of the certified letter advising the applicant of the denial or revocation. The Department will set the date and time of the appeal. The hearing will be held not less than 14 days, but not more than 60 days after receipt of the notice of appeal.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.