Enjoy free admission to the Deering Estate
The Deering Estate will offer free admission to all guests on Saturday, September 19 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. as part of their annual Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Days. Guests can enjoy complimentary admission as well as hands on science activities and self-guided historic house tours – all for free! Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
The Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Days were created to honor the Deering Estate’s partner organizations and the community. Our partner organizations and program partners will be on-site providing information and a variety of activities. The entire public can enjoy a variety of programs and activities – all for free!
Saturday, September 19 - highlighting Scouts
Activities & Programs on Saturday, September 19 include:
- Ongoing self-guided historic house tours throughout the day;
- Mini-canoe/kayak tours at 10:30, 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm & 3:00 pm (for a $10 fee; cash only & weather permitting)
- Florida Yards and Neighbors Rain Barrel Work Shop at 2:30 pm in the Pump House Classroom.
- Workshop is FREE. The cost to purchase a rain barrel is $40. Pre-registration is required to purchase a rain barrel. Limited space is available. Please contact Lize Luna to register at 305-248-3311 ext. 242.
- Tropical fruit display provided by Fruit & Spice Park;
- Special appearance by the Zoo Squad (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm) - Meet and greet these wonderful characters - Gigi the giraffe, Kaz the rhino, and Pio the red-billed oxpecker - they will delight you with their charm, unique personalities, lovable looks, and good work;
- Free Yoga Sessions in celebration of National Yoga Month:
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am (outdoors – weather permitting); Instructor: Zamanta Archibold
- 11:00 am – 11:45 am (indoors - Pump House Classroom): Instructor: Marlene Shulman
- 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm (indoors – Pump House Classroom); Instructor: Marlene Shulman
- HOPE Express, the Mobile Pet Adoption unit, and the Miami-Dade County Animal Services Department;
- Miami-Dade Public Library System Bookmobile: The Bookmobile is a library-on-wheels where you can borrow books, music, audio books, videos and more!
- Demonstration Pioneering Projects presented by Boy Scouts of America South Florida Council;
- Food & beverages will be available for an additional fee.