February 16th is the deadline to register to vote in the March 15, 2016 Presidential Preference Primary
Register to vote or update party affiliation, if needed
Did you know that Florida is a Closed Primary State? February 16th is the deadline to register to vote or update your party affiliation if needed, for the March 15th Presidential Primary Election.
"Voting is the best and most impactful way to have a say in important issues that affect you and your community. Since the Primary is only open to registered Republicans and Democrats, I encourage all of our voters to confirm their eligibility before heading to the polls," stated Penelope Townsley, Miami-Dade County Supervisor of Elections.
To register to vote, residents must:
- be 18 years or older (pre-registration begins at 16);
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be a permanent resident of Miami-Dade County. There is no specific time requirement to live in Miami-Dade County to be considered a permanent resident.
With the deadline just four days away, the most convenient option for those interested in registering to vote or make a political party change is to visit the Elections Department website www.iamelectionready.org and click on “Register to Vote.” After completing the online form, it must be printed, signed, and mailed to the Elections Department at:
- Miami-Dade Elections Department Voter Information Center (Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW 1 Street)until 5pm
- Public libraries
- Most city, town and village halls
- State public assistance agencies
- Florida Driver License Bureaus