Enjoy free admission to the Deering Estate
Discover more of the Deering Estate this summer! Enjoy free admission and a variety of educational activities at the Deering Estate's Fee-Free "P.L.A.Y." Day on Saturday, August 20th, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Activities & programs on Saturday, August 20th include:
• Mini-canoe tours at 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm & 3:00 pm (for a $10 fee; cash only & weather permitting);
• Historic overview in the Court Yard at 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, & 3:00 pm. Please note the historical homes will be closed;
• Learn Fly Fishing techniques from Fly Fishing enthusiast Hunter Serrate at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm;
• Special appearance by the Zoo Squad from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm. Meet and greet these wonderful characters: Gigi the giraffe, Kaz the rhino, and Pio the red-billed oxpecker;
• Connect with, adopt and fall in love with a pet! HOPE Express, Miami-Dade County Animal Services mobile pet adoptions
• Tropical fruit display provided by Fruit & Spice Park;
• Food & beverages will be available for an additional fee.
The Deering Estate offers a variety of field trip options for your school, camp, or homeschool organization through our hands-on, experiential learning programs. Join us as we highlight our environmental educators by doing what they do best - exploring nature and all of its beauty! Participants will learn about plants and environmental restoration, as they make their own terrarium using recycled bottles and native plants. Offered on-going throughout the day.
The Fee-Free "P.L.A.Y." Days were created to honor the Deering Estate’s partner organizations and the community. Our partner organizations and program partners will be on-site providing information and a variety of activities. The entire public can enjoy a variety of programs and activities – all for free!
Saturday, August 20th - highlighting Teachers and Environmental Educators
Saturday, September 17th - highlighting Scouts
About the Deering Estate
The 450+ acre Deering Estate is an environmental, archaeological and historical preserve. From canoe tours to butterfly walks and guided Historic House tours, the Deering Estate has diverse activities for the whole family to enjoy. The Estate is part of the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department, which manages the Estate on behalf of the State of Florida.
This year the Deering Estate celebrates 30 years on the National Register of Historic Places and the 100th anniversary of Charles Deering's purchase and restoration of the Richmond Hotel for his winter residence. #DiscoverMore history, art, culture, science, preservation, conservation and ecology at the Deering Estate!