More than 215,000 Vote-by-Mail Ballots are being mailed today
Today the Miami-Dade Elections Department will mail more than 215,000 vote-by-mail ballots for the August 30, 2016 Primary Election. Voters with a request on file are encouraged to be on the lookout for their ballot in the mail and are reminded of the following:
- Remember to sign inside the white box on the back of your return envelope.
- Your signature must match the signature we have on record.
- Return postage is paid by Miami-Dade County; there is no need for a stamp.
- Ballots must be received by the Supervisor of Elections no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day
- Never give your ballot to anyone, unless they have been authorized as a designee under Section 12-14 of the Code of Miami-Dade County.
The Department will continue mailing ballots to any voter who makes a request by the deadline, Wednesday, August 24, 2016, at 5:00 p.m.
Voters can request a vote-by-mail ballot via the Elections Department website, by calling 311, in writing, or in person.