More than 258,000 Miami-Dade voters to receive mail ballots this week
The Miami-Dade County Elections Department will mail more than 258,000 Vote by Mail ballots tomorrow, October 11th to voters with a request on file for the November 8, 2016 General Election.
The Department will continue sending mail ballots to voters as long as the request is received by the deadline, Wednesday, November 2nd by 5:00 p.m.
Mail ballots can be requested several ways:
- Online via the Elections Department website
- By calling 311
- In person
- In writing (if the ballot is to be sent to an address other than address on file)
Voters are reminded to:
- Submit the request by the deadline, November 2nd by 5:00 p.m.
- Ensure the ballot is received by the Elections Department by Election Day, November 8th by 7:00 p.m.
- Remember to sign INSIDE the white box on the back of the return envelope.
- The signature on the mail ballot envelope must match the signature on file with the Elections Department.
- Since it is common for signatures to change throughout the years, voters are encouraged to update their signature by submitting a voter registration application. The application can be downloaded online at www.iamelectionready.org, under Voter Registration, or by calling 311. Be sure the check the "signature update" box.
- No postage is necessary! Voters should not give their ballot to anyone who is not authorized.
If requesting a mail ballot in person, voters must bring a photo ID to the:
- Election Department Main Office at 2700 NW 87th Ave., Miami, FL 33172
- Satellite Office at the Stephen P. Clark Center, 111 NW 1st Street, Miami, FL 33128 (located on the 1st Floor Lobby)
Written requests MUST include all of the following:
- Printed name of the voter
- Date of Birth
- Current residence address
- Address where the ballot is to be mailed
- Date of the election or elections for which a mail ballot is requested
- Signature of voter
- Sent to the Miami-Dade Elections Department, P.O. Box 521550, Miami, Florida 33152
For more information, please call 311 or visit www.iamelectionready.org.
Editor's Note: Photos available upon request.