Tomorrow is Election Day!
Important reminders for media covering Election Day
The Miami-Dade County Elections Department is “Election Ready.” Poll workers have been trained, equipment has been tested, and polling places are ready to go. All 854 precincts will be open tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. awaiting voters.
Media entities are reminded of the following before heading to polls for Election Day coverage:
- A complete Polling Places List is available on the Elections Department website. Below are a few media accessible sites located across Miami-Dade County:
- Palm Springs North Fire Station #44 - 7700 NW 186 St
- Hialeah Fire Station #2 - 4200 E 8 Ave
- Indian Creek Fire Station #4 - 6860 Indian Creek Dr
- Fire Station #56 - 16250 SW 72 St
- Miami Dade County East Homestead Fire Station #65 - 1350 SE 24th St
- Fire Fighters Memorial Building - 8000 NW 21 St
- Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Voters must go to their assigned voting location plus bring a valid and current identification that contains a photo and their signature.
- Media is not permitted inside the actual polling room during voting hours. Video and/or photographs can only be taken from the door or outside the polling place. News interviews with voters, campaigners, candidates, etc. can only be conducted 100 feet from the polling location. Exit polling may be conducted at 75 feet from the polling location.
- Election results will be available on the Elections Department homepage and on Miami-Dade TV (check local cable listings). Both sources will always have the most up-to-date information available. Results will be available beginning at 7:15 p.m. and will be updated approximately every 45 minutes thereafter. The first reporting will be the Mail Ballot results, followed by Early Voting results, and then Election Day precinct results as they are determined. Mail Ballots received on Election Day will be in the final results.
- On Election Day, the Department will make every effort possible to accommodate all media requests and media outlets who wish to be present at the Elections Department for visual purposes. Limited media parking will be available for standups on the east side of the facility and on the south side of the facility for access to the mult-box. Parking entrance will be staffed by security, please bring credentials for entry.
Please visit www.miamidade.gov/elections for the information stated above.