Miami-Dade Animal Services and the Miami-Dade County Public Library System join forces for annual pet blanket drive
Miami-Dade County Animal Services (Animal Services) in collaboration with the Miami-Dade County Public Library System (MDPLS), are holding their annual blanket drive for Animal Services shelter pets starting December 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
New or gently used clean blankets help keep shelter dogs comfortable during their stay at Animal Services. Additionally, blankets are provided to foster parents taking care of shelter pets through our Foster Program and to keep shelter pets warm as they travel to out-of-state rescue partners up north as part of our Transport Program. Towels are welcome as well.
“Blankets provide not only warmth but a sense of security for pets,” said Alex Muñoz, Director of Miami-Dade Animal Services. “This helps shelter pets feel at ease as they wait for loving forever homes.”
Donation bins will be available at the Animal Services Pet Adoption and Protection Center which is located at 3599 NW 79 Avenue, Doral, FL 33122 and at the Stephen P. Clark Center located at 111 NW 1st Street Miami, FL 33128.
Donation bins will also be available at the following library locations:
- COCONUT GROVE BRANCH 2875 MCFARLANE RD. ● 305-442-8695
- DORAL BRANCH 10785 NW 58 ST. ● 305-716-9598
- GOLDEN GLADES BRANCH 100 NE 166 ST. ● 305-787-1544
- LITTLE RIVER BRANCH 160 NE 79 ST. ● 305-751-8689
- MAIN LIBRARY 101 W FLAGLER ST. ● 305-375-2665
- MIAMI BEACH REGIONAL 227 22 ST. ● 305-535-4219
- MIAMI LAKES BRANCH 6699 WINDMILL GATE RD. ● 305-822-6520
- MIAMI SPRINGS BRANCH 401 WESTWARD DRIVE ● 305-805-3811
- NARANJA BRANCH 14850 SW 280 ST ● 305-242-2291
- NORTH DADE REGIONAL 2455 NW 183 ST. ● 305-625-6424
- NORTHEAST DADE- AVENTURA BRANCH ● 2930 AVENTURA BLVD. ● 305-931-5512
- SOUTH DADE REGIONAL 10750 SW 211 ST. ● 305-233-8140
- WEST DADE REGIONAL 9445 CORAL WAY ● 305-553-1134
- WEST END REGIONAL 10201 HAMMOCKS BLVD. ● 305-385-7135