"Picnic in the Park" at the Deering Estate
Spend a relaxing day with your family and friends at the Deering Estate on Sunday, January 22, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy lawn games and tours of the historic houses and natural areas. Admission: $7 for ages 4 & older. Please note that grilling and cooking is not permitted on the Estate.
Guests can enjoy the following activities:
• Old Fashion lawn games;
• Historic House Tours at 10:30 am & 3:00 pm;
• Natural Areas Tour at 12:30 pm;
• Mini-canoe/kayak tours at 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm & 3:00 pm (for a $10 fee; cash only & weather permitting);
• The second day of "Affair en Plein Air," an outdoor juried painting event by GroveHouse Artists, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm; Judging takes place at 1:30 pm with Juror Helen Burgos;
• "Formal and Fanciful Works by Ramon Casas" Exhibit - a special collection highlight featuring formal and fanciful works by Catalan Artist Ramon Casas i Carbó (1866 - 1932). Special thanks to the Charles Deering Library at Northwestern University for making this exhibition possible.
For more information, please visit www.deeringestate.org or call 305-235-1668 ext. 233.
About the Deering Estate
The 450+ acre Deering Estate is an environmental, archaeological and historical preserve. From canoe tours to bird walks and guided Historic House & Natural Areas Tours, the Deering Estate has diverse activities for the whole family to enjoy. The Estate is part of the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department, which manages the Estate on behalf of the State of Florida.