Miami-Dade County "Mosquito 101" Workshop Series Update
Pinecrest Branch Library "Mosquito 101" workshop time change and additional workshop date announced
The Miami-Dade County Mosquito Control and Habitat Management Division is announcing several updates to upcoming “Mosquito 101” Workshop schedule.
The workshop taking place at Pinecrest Branch Library on Wednesday, May 24, 2017, that was previously announced to take place from 6 to 7 p.m. will now take place from 12 to 1 p.m.
Also, a new workshop date has been announced and will take place in the Council Chambers in the Town of Bay Harbor Islands Town Hall on Thursday, June 8, 2017 from 6 to 7 p.m.
At the workshops, Department representatives will share the history of mosquito control in Miami-Dade County; discuss the main mosquito species found in the area, offer a look at county mosquito control initiatives; and most importantly, talk about how residents can limit the ways in which mosquitoes breed and thrive. Staffers will also talk at length about protective measures, take questions and distribute take-home literature.
The series concludes at the end of June. Here are all of the remaining workshop locations, dates and times:
- South Dade Regional Library, 10750 SW 211 Street – May 22, 6-7 p.m.
- Pinecrest Branch Library, 5835 SW 111 Street – May 24, 12-1 p.m.
- West Kendall Regional Library, 10201 Hammocks Blvd – May 30, 6-7 p.m.
- Northeast Dade - Aventura Branch Library, 2930 Aventura Blvd – May 31, 6-7 p.m.
- Miami Lakes Branch Library, 6699 Windmill Gate Road – June 3, 2-3 p.m.
- Miami Beach Public Library, 227 22 Street – June 7, 6-7 p.m.
- Bay Harbor Islands Town Hall Council Chambers, 9665 Bay Harbor Terrace – June 8, 6-7 p.m.
- Arcola Lakes Branch Library, 8240 NW 7 Ave – June 14, 6-7 p.m.
- Cutler Bay Town Hall Council Chambers, 10720 Caribbean Boulevard – June 15, 6-7 p.m.
- Doral City Council Chambers, 8401 N.W. 53rd Terrace, 3rd Floor – June 22, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Model City Branch Library, 2211 NW 54 Street – June 23, 12-1 p.m.
- Coral Reef Branch Library, 9211 Coral Reef Drive – June 24, 2-3 p.m.
- Miami Springs City Council Chambers, 201 Westward Dr – June 27, 6-7 p.m.
Each event is free and open to residents of all ages. To RSVP, email DSWM@miamidade.gov.
For more information about Miami-Dade County’s Mosquito Control program, and to access tips for combating mosquitos, please visit www.miamidade.gov/mosquito or call 311.