Deering Estate offers $1 admission as part of Deering Discovery Days
On Saturday, September 16, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., enjoy a day of family fun at Deering Discovery Day! Admission is only $1 for ages 4 and older. The Deering Discovery Days were created to honor the Deering Estate's partner organizations and the community. Our partner organizations and program partners will be on-site providing information and a variety of activities.
This event will highlight Scouts and Volunteerism. Guests can enjoy the following activities and programs:
- Be a scout for a day! Learn knot tying and plant/bird identification skills and then test your newly found skills by participating in a knot tying challenge and scavenger hunts throughout the Deering Estate;
- Historic overview in the Court Yard at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. Please note: Historical homes will be closed;
- Visit our Artist in Residence Studios from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Carriage House and Power House);
- Canoe tours at 10:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3 p.m. (cost is $10 per person; cash only and weather permitting);
- Pinewood Derby Car Races throughout the day. Bring your own car to see if it is faster than the Deering Derby Dozen;
- Rain Gutter Races throughout the day presented by Cub Scout Pack 711 (Please bring your own rain gutter boat if you have one);
- Tropical fruit display provided by Fruit & Spice Park;
- Special appearance by the Zoo Squad (12 p.m. - 2 p.m.) - Meet and greet with Ellie the Croc!
- Food and beverages will be available for an additional fee.
About the Deering Estate
The 450+ acre Deering Estate is an environmental, archaeological and historical preserve. From canoe tours to butterfly walks and guided Historic House Tours, the Deering Estate has diverse activities for the whole family to enjoy. The Estate is part of the Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department, which manages the Estate on behalf of the State of Florida. Discover More art, culture, history, science, preservation, conservation and ecology at the Deering Estate today!