Miami-Dade County Department of Solid Waste Management offers tips for inclement weather
In anticipation of possible severe weather conditions associated with Hurricane Irma, the Miami-Dade Department of Solid Waste Management (DSWM) offers the following information:
- Do not begin any tree pruning or cleanup activities.
- DSWM customers needing to immediately dispose of household trash, yard trash and bulky items should take trash items to the nearest Neighborhood Trash and Recycling Center listed below:
- Golden Glades - 140 NW 160 St.
- Chapman Field - 13600 SW 60 Ave.
- North Dade - 21500 NW 47 Ave.
- Eureka Drive - 9401 SW 184 St.
- Norwood - 19901 NW 7 Ave.
- Moody Drive - 12970 SW 268 St.
- Palm Springs North - 7870 NW 178 St.
- Richmond Heights - 14050 Boggs Dr.
- West Little River - 1830 NW 79 St.
- Snapper Creek - 2200 SW 117 Ave.
- South Miami Heights - 20800 SW 117 Ct.
- Sunset Kendall - 8000 SW 107 Ave.
- West Perrine - 16651 SW 107 Ave.
- Trash and Recycling Centers are open daily from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and will have extended operating hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. effective Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
- The Centers are open only to Miami-Dade County waste collection customers*.
For more information, including the address of the closest Trash and Recycling Center, customers should call 311, the County’s Contact Center, or visit the Department’s website at www.miamidade.gov/solidwaste.
*Waste Collection Customers are households in the unincorporated service area and the following cities: Aventura, Cutler Bay, Doral, Miami Gardens, Miami Lakes, Opa-locka, Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, Sunny Isles Beach.