Precincts in the Special Election & Virginia Gardens Election are open
Voters have until 7:00 p.m. to cast their ballot
As of 7:00 a.m., all voting locations for the State Senate District 40, State Representative 116 Special Election, and Virginia Gardens Municipal Election are open and welcoming voters. More than 35,000 voters have already cast their ballot for the Special Election via Mail Ballot or Early Voting.
Voters who plan to vote in person today should keep the following points in mind:
- Voters are encouraged to review their customized sample ballot before heading to the polls.
- Every voter must go to their assigned voting location on Election Day, which can be found on their Voter Information Card, by going to the Elections Department website, or by calling 311.
- Polls are open until 7:00 p.m.
- Voters must bring a valid and current identification that contains a photo and their signature.
- Acceptable forms of ID include: Florida Driver License, Florida Identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, United States Passport, Debit or Credit Card, Military Identification, Student Identification, Retirement Center Identification, Public Assistance Identification, Neighborhood Association Identification, Florida concealed-weapon license, Veteran Health Identification Card issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, or Government issued employee identification.
- If the voter does not have ID available, they will be asked to vote a provisional ballot.
- While the current Voter Information Card is not required to vote, it can help expedite the check-in process, so bringing it is always encouraged.
For more information, visit www.iamelectionready.org or call 311.