Kendall Indian Hammocks Park to host 15th Annual Family Festival of Arts and Games for children and young adults with disabilities and their families
“Ride the waves” at the 15th Annual Family Festival of Arts and Games – ‘Maui Luau’ on Saturday, February 24, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Kendall Indian Hammocks Park, 11395 SW 79th St., Miami (near shelter 1 & 2). This event is hosted by Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department’s Disability Services, in partnership with Villa Lyan Academy and Adult Program, and The Roxy Theatre Group.
Participants with disabilities enrolled in Miami-Dade Parks Disability Services Out-of-School programs, Villa Lyan’s Academy programs, and The Roxy Theatre Group will join their families for fun, interactive activities that involve adaptive art, music, dance, sports, fitness, rides, games, and more!
Activities will include:
- Adaptive sports⁄fitness presented by Miami-Dade Parks Disability Services
- Performances from Villa Lyan and Parks Disability Services
- Hula hoop contest, dance lessons and performances by The Roxy Theatre Group
- Workshop from Home Depot
- Visit from “McGruff,” The Crime Dog (Miami-Dade Crime Prevention mascot) & Miami-Dade Police Department
- Hula show with fire dancers
- Arts & crafts: mask, leis, and totem pole making
- Face painting
- Help build a volcano and watch it erupt
- Free samples of healthy spices and coconut water provided by BADIA Spices, Inc.
- Food provided by CiCi’s pizza
- Zoo Miami Dade
- Tropical bird photo spot
- Goodie bags provided by Providence Health Care Services
- Fun rides, games, races, bounce house, bungee jump
- “Hang ten” on a mechanical surfboard
About Miami-Dade Parks Disability Services
Miami-Dade Parks welcomes persons with disabilities in all of its facilities, programs and events. Miami-Dade Parks Disability Services offers programs exclusively for children and adults with disabilities led by Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists. It also offers an Inclusion Initiative to assist persons with disabilities in participating in any program or activity in the Parks system.