Spring into fitness and adventures at Miami-Dade Parks' Spring Break Camps, March 26-30
Registration begins March 1
Register your child at any one of Miami-Dade Parks’ exciting Spring Break camps where they will enjoy active play and engage with nature. Parents can choose to enroll their child at either the Fit2Play™ General Program camp or Specialized Camps, which focus on a specific interest or need. Camps will be held March 26-30, 2018, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., with early drop-off available at 7:30 a.m. and late pick-up until 6 p.m.
Fit2Play™ General Camp will thrill and challenge youngsters, ages 6-14, with a variety of activities from fitness, sports, arts & crafts, to games and exciting field trips. The cost is $40-$90⁄week, depending on the program. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Registration opens March 1. There must be a minimum of 15 paid participants by March 16, in order to run the camp. If there are less than 15 participants registered by March 16, Miami-Dade Parks reserves the right to remove the camp from operation. Register online.
Specialized Camps offer a wide selection of interests for your child. Fees vary per camp. Click on links for costs and information.
The Children’s Trust Spring Break camps for Children with Disabilities. No cost. There are six parks offering spring break camps for children with disabilities through age 22.
- Westwind Lakes Park– For children ages 6-22 with disabilities, 6805 SW 152 Ave. Miami, FL, (305) 380-9106. For more information email [email protected]
- Camp Matecumbe – For children ages 6-22 with disabilities, 13841 SW 120 St. Miami, FL, (305) 752-4966. For more information email [email protected]
- Gould's Park – For children ages 6-22 with disabilities, 11350 S.W. 216 Street, Miami, (305) 234-1673. For more information email [email protected]
- Ojus Park – For children ages 14-22 with disabilities, 18995 W Dixie Highway, North Miami, FL (North Greynolds), (305) 935-4588. For more information email [email protected]
- Gwen Cherry Park – For children ages 6-14 with disabilities, 7090 NW 22nd, Miami, FL, (305) 694-4889, ext 250. For more information email [email protected]
- Tamiami Park – For children ages 6-22 with disabilities, 11201 SW 24th St. Miami, FL, (305) 222-2128. For more information email [email protected]
Children with disabilities are welcome at all Miami-Dade Parks’ programs. Contact the park manager to develop an inclusion plan as early as possible.
Zoo Miami Spring Camp
Campers will dive into the world of wildlife conservation exploring the many issues our animal friends face. Bloom this spring as we discover what we can do at home to help save the planet! Come face-to-face with our animals, plant native butterfly plants, participate in fun hands-on science experiments and much more! Meal plans and Adopt-an-Animal are also available. For more information or to register, visit http://www.zoomiami.org/zoo-camps
Miami EcoAdventures™ Camps
Let your child explore the wild side of the parks in this nature-based camp packed with fun and educational programming. Campers will perform scientific experiments, go on environmental fieldtrips, and engage in athletic activities in the great outdoors while under the safety of our staff’s supervision. Two camps are being offered this spring:
- Camp Black Bear at A.D. Barnes Park This camp meets at the A.D. Barnes Park Nature Center; please bring drinking water, comfortable closed-toe shoes, lunch, and protection from the sun. Field trip fees are additional. Cost is $120. Hours are 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., with early drop-off beginning at 7:30 a.m. and late pick-up until 6 p.m.
- Camp Manatee at Greynolds Park This camp meets at the Greynold's Park Boathouse; please bring drinking water, comfortable closed-toe shoes, lunch, and protection from the sun. Field trip fees are additional. Cost is $120. Hours are 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., with early drop-off beginning at 7:30 a.m. and late pick-up until 6 p.m.
At Deering Spring Camp, children age 6-14, will dive into the world of marine biology and surf their brain waves while exploring the many aquatic habitats of the Deering Estate! Campers will learn about the importance of our marine life, as well as protecting the habitats in which they live. Register ONLINE or call 305-235-1668 ext. 233. Registration form (for phone registration only); please fax completed form to 305-254-5840. For more information and hours http://www.deeringestate.org/spring-camp/.
- The Whole Game Golf School at Country Club of Miami
For junior golfers ages 8-15. This camp at Country Club of Miami will provide the opportunity to learn the basic fundamentals of golf in a fun, engaging environment. Includes instruction, practice balls, and short course play. Half-day Camp, 9 a.m. – noon daily, $155 per week (4-day session). Full-Day Session, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily, $235 per week (4-day session).
- Crandon Golf Academy
For junior golfers ages 4-15. This camp at Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne will teach beginner and elite golfers alike, using swing analysis and the latest instruction techniques. Beginner & Elite Half-day Session, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The curriculum of this camp covers full swing analysis, short game, putting, rules, and golf etiquette, with contests & prizes. Cost: $250 per week (does not include lunch) Elite Full-Day Session, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. This camp is designed for advanced junior golfers. The curriculum covers full swing with video analysis, short game, putting, golf etiquette and rules, with course management and strategy. Includes lunch and on-course play with tournament at end of week. Cost: $500 (lunch included)
- Palmetto Golf Academy
For junior golfers ages 8-15. This camp at Palmetto Golf Course will teach beginner and elite golfers alike, using swing analysis and the latest instruction techniques. Half-day Session, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The curriculum covers full swing analysis, short game, putting, rules, and golf etiquette, with contests & prizes. Cost: $225 per week (does not include lunch)
For a complete list of camp locations and contacts, visit the Miami-Dade Parks Fit2Play™ Spring Break Camps web page. The public may also dial 3-1-1 for the Miami-Dade County Information Hotline.
About Miami-Dade Parks
Miami-Dade Parks is the third largest county park system in the United States, consisting of 270 parks and 13,573 acres of land. It is one of the most unique park and recreation systems in the world. The non-profit Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade supports Miami-Dade Parks’ efforts to further develop Miami-Dade County’s world-class parks system for residents and visitors.