New water pipe installation results in temporary lane closures/detours in Kendall area
The installation of the next portion of a new 48-inch water line that will enhance the service reliability and water pressure for the Kendall area will begin at 9 p.m. Friday and result in temporary lane closures and detours until 6 a.m. Monday morning.
This construction project is part of the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department (WASD)’s multi-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Drivers may want to avoid the area during the construction period as delays are expected.
The closures/detours are as follows:
- Eastbound and westbound lanes at the intersection of SW 72 St. (Sunset Drive) will be CLOSED at SW 117 Avenue.
- A single northbound and southbound lane along SW 117 Ave. will remain OPEN.
- All southbound traffic is rerouted to northbound lanes.
- Northbound lanes remain open with one lane of traffic in each direction.
- Access to and from local businesses will be available.
- Safety delineators and signs are in place to guide motorists.
- Use SW 107 Ave. or SW 127 Ave. as alternate NORTH and SOUTH routes.
- Use SW 56 St. (Miller Dr.) or SW 88 St. (Kendall Dr.) as alternate EAST and WEST routes.
- Please use caution when driving in the area.
For a map of the construction zone and affected traffic area, go to WASD’s Twitter account @miamidadewater.
It is the priority of the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department to provide safe, reliable service to its customers. For additional information about Department services and programs, visit the WASD website.