Take Transit to the 2019 Fitbit Miami Marathon and Half Marathon
On Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019, Miami-Dade Transit will begin Metrorail and Metromover service an hour early to make it easier and more convenient for 2019 Fitbit Miami Marathon and Half Marathon runners and spectators to reach downtown Miami on race day.
Metrorail and Metromover will open and begin service at 4 a.m. In addition, Metrorail parking garages and surface lots also will open at 4 a.m., and parking will be free all day.
On Jan. 27, trains will begin departing from the Palmetto, Dadeland South and Miami International Airport stations at 4 a.m.
Metrorail will provide regular Sunday service with the following frequency:
• Trains departing from the Dadeland South Station will depart every 15 minutes between 4 and 6 a.m. Regular Sunday service will resume after 6 a.m.
• Trains departing from the Palmetto Station will depart at 4 a.m. and 4:17 a.m., and then every 30 minutes until 5:47 a.m. Regular Sunday service will resume after 5:47 a.m.
• Trains departing from the Miami International Airport Station will depart at 4 a.m., 4:23 a.m. and 4:46 a.m., and then every 30 minutes until 5:46 a.m. Regular Sunday service will resume after 5:46 a.m.
TO GET TO THE RACE
• Take Metrorail to Government Center Station.
• Transfer to the Metromover Inner Loop.
• For the starting line, exit Metromover at the Freedom Tower or College/Bayside station.
• For the finish line, exit Metromover at the Bayfront Park or College/Bayside station.
Participants are strongly encouraged to arrive 15 minutes early to ensure they get on the train.
PAYING YOUR FARE EASY
Tickets can be conveniently purchased at the Miami-Dade Transit booth inside the 2019 Fitbit Miami Marathon & Half Marathon Expo that will take place at MANA Wynwood at 318 NW 23rd St., Miami.
Also available is the EASY Pay app, which allows anyone to turn their smartphone into a mobile ticket. Visit EASY Pay page for more information.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
Visit Transit's website for complete schedules, station maps and more. This website can also be used to plan your trip using the Google Trip Planner.
Everyone is encouraged to download the free Miami-Dade Transit Tracker app to plan their next trip on public transportation.