Miami-Dade County Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources
closing Permitting and Inspection Center
for deep cleaning March 19 and 20
The Miami-Dade County Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources (RER) will close its Permitting and Inspection Center (PIC) located at 11805 SW 26 Street on Thursday, March 19, and Friday, March 20, for a deep cleaning. It will reopen for regular business hours on Monday, March 23.
RER learned that an employee at the PIC has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). Employees who were in close contact have been personally notified. While it has been 13 days since the employee was last in the building, and RER has already conducted a cleaning of the employee’s work area and surrounding area, in an abundance of caution, they will conduct a deep cleaning of the entire facility.
During the closure, online services and the voice response phone line, 305-591-7966, will be available. Inspections will continue and can be scheduled online or by phone.
Additionally, the following will apply to other services:
- Appointments previously scheduled with DERM will be conducted by phone. Customers will be called at their scheduled appointment time.
- Appointments previously scheduled with Fire will be cancelled for this Thursday only.
- DERM review of municipal Certificate of Use applications will be available at the OTV office located at 701 NW First Court, Second Floor.
- Water and Sewer services will be available at their office located at 3575 S Le Jeune Rd.
- Department of Health services will not be available.
- Saturday roofing inspections will not be available.
Upon re-opening on Monday, the following services will be in effect:
- Appointments with plan reviewers, design professionals and supervisors list will take place by phone. Customers will be called at their scheduled time.
- Pre-submittals, reworks and concierge services will take place by teleconference.
- For Code Compliance, customers can reach staff at the following phone numbers: lien services, 786-315-2777; building support (unsafe structures, work without permits, contractor enforcement), 786-315-2424; neighborhood compliance, 786-315-2552.
- All other services will continue as normal, including inspection services, acceptance of permit applications, Certificates of Use and/or Occupancy and cashiering services.
- Live assistance will be available at 786-315-2000 and [email protected].
Customers with appointments should note that calls will come in from unknown numbers and are asked to respond if it is the scheduled appointment time.
Individuals in Miami-Dade County who believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call the Florida Department of Health at 305-324-2400. If you have a medical provider, call them. If traveling to a medical office or facility, call ahead. For questions about COVID-19 in Florida, please call the Florida Department of Health at 1-866-779-6121. For a medical emergency, call 911.
For updated information, visit www.miamidade.gov/coronavirus.