You have successfully signed up for the virtual panel. Click to close.
Miami-Dade County is committed to providing you quick, accurate information and top-notch service. You’ve told us we’re doing better: overall satisfaction with the quality of County services increased 15 points from 2003 to 2008.
- Access to County resources is as easy as 3-1-1. One phone number provided answers to residents in English, Spanish and Creole more than 2.4 million times in 2008. That’s more than one call for every man, woman in and child in Miami-Dade.
- Delivering excellent “self-service” online every day. Online traffic to the County Portal increased by nearly 2 percent in one year to over 8 million visitors in 2008, providing more of you with greater access and convenience, 24-7.
- Consumer protection made easy. In 2008, the Consumer Services Department helped consumers recover more than $1.25 million in refunds through its complaint mediation program, a 99 percent increase over 2006.
- Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. A competitive process was used in 86 percent of County contracts awarded in 2008 compared to 63 percent in 2001. The experts agree -- competition almost always results in lower prices and better value for taxpayers.
- We are Election Ready. While the world watched, we made sure a record 875,639 votes were counted during the 2008 Presidential Election.
- Cost of County Government. The basic cost of County government, adjusted for inflation, remained steady over the last 15 years. Investments over the last five to six years funded enhancements to services such as more law enforcement personnel on the streets, triple the frequency of storm drain cleanings, stepped-up adoptions at Animal Services and programs that keep our youth out of detention centers.
We go above and beyond to get the answers that you need. The success of the County’s 311 Answer Center is just one of the initiatives that contributed to the 10 percent increase in the number of residents who say we went the extra mile.