If you've registered to be part of the Speakers Bureau through Bluebook, you're in the right place, this is the Speakers' Toolkit.
Setting the Record Straight
More than ever, it is imperative that we provide our residents with accurate information based on the facts. As Speaker's, it is time to get out there and set the record straight.
- Read the Facts About Miami-Dade's Budget
- Los hechos acerca del presupuesto de Miami-Dade
- Fè Reyèl yo sou Bidjè Miami-Dade la
- What does a dollar buy in County Services?
- See the FY 10-11 Budget
- View the Second Budget Hearing
- Memo on Information for Second Budget Hearing
- "Setting the Record Straight" Presentation Slides
The goal of the Speaker's Bureau is simple: we are trying to uncover the community's best kept secrets about the services they get from people like you, Miami-Dade County employees. As a member of the Miami-Dade County Speakers Bureau, you can be a big part of that.
Free public speaking training
Recognition by executives
Eligibility for Gabber Rewards (discounts, tickets, and more)
Eligibility for lunch with County executives
How to sign up:
|Request a Speaker Form Citizen speaker request form.|
|Pre-event Form Speaker submits events they will be speaking at.|
|Post-event Form Speaker fills out after their event.|
- This is a volunteer program. Compensation for time used during work hours will be at your supervisor's discretion.
- We require you to attend one of the Speaker Crash Course sessions, two hours in duration, offered to registered members of the Bureau free of charge. All other training is optional.
- We encourage you to come up with your own venues to speak at. Remember venues come in all shapes and sizes PTA meetings, membership associations, Neighborhood Crime Crime Watch meeting you name it! Make sure you enter it into the Request a Speaker form so it gets counted and added to the "Who We've Reached" GoogleMap.
- On occasion you may be asked to speak at a venue the Bureau has received a request for.
- You may select relevant sections of the presentation to give to your audience. For instance: If presenting to a Neighborhood Crime Watch group you may choose to present the Public Safety section by itself.
For further information please send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More ON-DEMAND videos for your presentation.
You can do it online by visiting Online Sign up and Request Forms