As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Web-based Small Business Certification and Contract Compliance Reporting
Miami-Dade County is pleased to announce the web-based Business Management Workforce System (BMWS) implemented and managed by Small Business Development (SBD), a division of the Internal Services Department. BMWS is powered by B2GNow software (certification and contract management) and LCPtracker software (certified payrolls).
This system represents a significant technological advancement and replaced the previous manual process of reporting on certain contract requirements and has increased operational efficiency. This web-based software system is being utilized by over 200 cities, counties, and other public agencies throughout the nation.
BMWS is accessible, at no charge, to all vendors doing – or interested in doing – business with Miami-Dade County. Key features include the following:
- Online application for Small Business Enterprise (SBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Local Developing Business (LDB) certification
- Online registration for the Equitable Distribution Program (EDP)
- Enhanced online SBE, DBE, and LDB Directory, with key-word search capabilities
- Electronic submission of subcontractors for fulfillment of SBE requirements
- Electronic submission of contractors’ utilization payments and verification of SBE payments via the web or a mobile device
- Automated tracking of progress towards meeting SBE goals
- Electronic submission of certified payrolls via LCPtracker
- Electronic submission of workforce compliance data
- Automated notifications regarding compliance requirements
- Elimination of/or limited paper-based reporting
County staff will also be able to access BMWS to view their contracts and the status of SBE goals and payments on those contracts, as well as search for information on certified and non-certified firms.
BMWS went live on May 1, 2018, pursuant to Miami-Dade County Ordinance No. 18-33 adopted on April 10, 2018. LCPtracker, a web-based certified payroll management system, went live on May 1, 2019. Training on the system continues to be offered both in-person and on-line. The 2020 training schedule and 2020 LCPtracker Training are both available. You may register for a monthly hands-on training session conducted by SBD at the Stephen P. Clark Government Center under Events and free B2GNow-hosted webinars under Training.
For more information regarding BMWS, contact SBD at 305-375-3111 or via email.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:58:15 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.