As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Small Business Enterprise - Construction
This program is a gender and race neutral program specifically for firms that are defined as independent construction companies. It is designed to provide opportunities for firms that meet the following criteria:
- Located and performing a commercially useful function in Miami-Dade County.
- Not exceeding 3 year average gross receipts of $10 million for general building (NAICS 236/SIC 15), $6 million for heavy construction contractors (NAICS 237/SIC 16), and $5 million for specialty trade contractors (NAICS 238,SIC 17).
- Local Business Tax Receipt for 1 year prior to certification
- Qualifier must own at least 10% of the certified firm's issued stock.
- Personal Net Worth does not exceed $1,500,000 for each owner.
- Owner can have only one Small Business Enterprise - Construction certified firm.
- Annual renewal of certification required.
Projects Under Review
Small Business Enterprise - Construction projects and the review status of each are available online.
Opportunities for small business participation in Miami-Dade County construction projects have been expanded through the use of Small Business Enterprise (SBE) – Construction measures. SBE- Construction certification is required by the Small
Business Development Division in order to participate on County construction projects fulfilling SBE – Construction measures.
Qualified SBE – Construction firms wishing to bid on construction projects should monitor opportunities from several county departments, including:
- Internal Services
- Public Housing and Community Development
- Public Works and Waste Management
- Water and Sewer
In addition the Small Business Enterprise – Construction, Miami-Dade County has recently established a Community Workforce Program. It is applicable to Capital Construction contracts entered into by contractor and subcontractors with Miami-Dade County for construction projects located in a Designated Target Area (DTA). These projects are subject to a Workforce Goal as established by SBD, in which the awarded firm is required to obtain a minimum of 10% of its labor force from the DTA in which the project is located, in accordance with Ordinance 03-237 and the corresponding Administrative Order 3-37 as amended.
In order to do business with Miami-Dade County firms must be registered vendors. Vendor applications may be obtained from the Internal Services Department, Vendor Services.
- Design-Build Utilization and Assurance
- Certificate of Certified Payroll Form WH-347
- CSBE SOI (Schedule of Intent)
- CSBE Competitiveness Unavailability
- CSBE Unavailability Certificate
- Schedule of intent for Non-CSBEs (DBD 305B)
- CSBE MUR (Monthly Utilization Report) and Instruction Sheet
- CSBE MUR (Monthly Utilization Report) online
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.