Child Care Financial Assistance - Refugee Program
This program is for:
- Refugees of all nationalities
- Cuban/Haitian Entrants, including Parolees and Asylum Applicants
- Asylees of all nationalities
- Amerasians (of American and Asian decent/: fathered by an American, and especially an American serviceman in Asia
- Certified Victims of Trafficking
- Lawful permanent residents who are adjusted from prior refugee, entrant or asylee status
- Refugees: All clients with this immigration status are eligible for refugee services
- Asylees: Asylum is granted to individuals that fit the refugee definition.
- Parolees: Cuban & Haitian parolees are eligible for refugee services (no restrictions on the type of parole). Parolees of other nationalities are ineligible for all services. The only exceptions are a few persons of any nationality paroled into the US with the specific notation “Paroled as a Refugee” or “Paroled as an Asylee” on their I-94 or other documentation.
How to apply
Parents meeting the above critera must be:
- Referred by a refugee service agency for child care financial assistance.
- Working and or attending education/training program a minimum of 20 hours per week; OR participating in employability services.
- Contact one of the offices below to schedule an appointment.
- Bring the referral form with you to the appointment.
These documents are required:
- Completed referral from the referring agency
- Immigration documents
- Social Security Cards for all household members (if applicable)
- Documentation of age for all children (i.e. Birth Certificate, Court Records)
- Income documentation for parent/guardians, and spouse if applicable
- Current photo ID of client (and spouse if applicable)
- If you are enrolled in a training/educational activity, bring original documentation with proof of enrollment, (i.e., validated class schedule reflecting hours of enrollment)
Open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
16401 NW 25 Avenue, Room 107
Miami, Florida 33054
Map & Directions
13955 SW 264 Street
Miami, Florida 33032
Map & Directions
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Mon Jul 1, 2013 5:27:03 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.