Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

Starting Waste Service

To begin using waste services, take these simple steps:

  • If you are the new owner of a previously-owned home, you will need to update the waste account under your name. Please call the Department of Solid Waste Management Accounting Division at 305-594-1630. You may be required to provide proof of ownership. A copy of your Warranty Deed or your Closing Statement will suffice. If you don’t find the green waste or blue recycling carts at the property, call 3-1-1 to place an order for carts.
  • If you are moving into a newly-constructed home, once the certificate of occupancy has been issued for the property, the Department will establish a waste account for your property and bill you for service. Call 3-1-1, the County’s Contact Center, to place an order for your waste and recycling carts. Carts will not be delivered until the home is occupied, so please order them once you’ve moved in.

Until your carts arrive, place garbage in bags that weigh less than 50 pounds each. Once the carts are delivered, begin to use them for garbage and recycling service by placing them curbside. Waste in bags will no longer be picked up.

What are my collection days?

To find which days are collection days for your area, visit the Community Services GIS application and enter your property address.

If you cannot view PDF PDF files, you can download Acrobat Reader  for free from Adobe Systems, Inc. In order to use PDF files, you must have Acrobat installed on your computer.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:45:40 PM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.