Tax Collector's Office
As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Monthly Tax Return Instructions
This Monthly Tax Return functions in the same manner as the current mail and Excel returns. You will be asked for the following information:
- Account Number: This number identifies your facility in our system. It is found in the upper left corner of your paper return. It is a two to four digit number followed by a (-) and a single numeric digit. Examples: 12-3, 123-4 or 1234-5. If you do not have an account number or you do not know it, please contact us at the phone number or web address found below.
- Tax Type: You must select a tax type from the drop down combo box. The type represents the tax rate your facility collects and submits. Currently, there are five current tax types: AB, CO, CF, CT and FB. If you are unsure about your tax types, use this Tax Types List link. If you need further information, please contact us.
- Filing Month: The return will default to the current month due. If you desire to prepare and submit the return for past due months, you may select the month from the drop down combo box. Before submitting a prior month, please contact us and discuss it with the inspector in charge of your account in order to avoid possible collection proceedings.
- Filing Period: The due dates are based on the month selected, and the due date is always the 20th unless it falls on a Saturday, Sunday, Legal Holiday, in which case it is due on the following county business day, or if prior approval is granted to file on a different date.
**If your facility uses a 13 period reporting schedule, you may select a period. The due date is based on the month due date.
- Filing Year: The return will default to the year that corresponds to the selected month. You can enter the year manually; it must be in a four-digit (YYYY) format.
- Facility Name, Name of Preparer, and Contact Information must be provided. Please provide your phone number and email if applicable.
- On the tax form, enter the Gross Receipts (Total Revenue), and Exemptions (enter exemptions as a positive number, and the form will automatically subtract). The Transient Rentals and Food and All Beverages sales are entered in separate columns. The taxable revenue will be computed, the tax rates will appear for each, and the taxes due will automatically be calculated and displayed.
- If any penalties or interest is due, they will be automatically calculated. The amount owed will be displayed at the bottom of the form, and in an exit message.
- Hotels and motels, provide us with the Average Room and Occupancy Rates.
- If you want to use the return for another facility, you may click the Reset icon.
- When finished, click the printer icon on your browser, print the return(s), and mail in with your payment to Miami-Dade County.
Future development will allow for electronic filing of this form.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, you are always welcomed to contact us at 305-375-5587 or via email.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:55:18 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.