Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Awards and Recognition
The Public Technology Institute’s (PTI) Annual Solutions Awards Competition recognizes the Information Technology Department in several areas of Service Delivery.
|The Public Technology Institute’s Annual Solutions Awards Competition recognizes the Information Technology Department in several areas of Service Delivery.
IT & Telecommunications
Web Management and e-Government
|The National Association of Counties (NACo) recognized Miami-Dade County Information Technology Department with the 2014-2015 NACo Achievement Awards in several areas of Service Delivery.
Miami-Dade County’s Chief Information Officer/Information Technology Department Director, Mr. Angel Petisco, recognized as one of Info-Tech’s 2015 Top 20 Enterprise CIOs. Info-Tech recognizes CIOs who receive the highest satisfaction scores on their Business Vision. The CIO Business Vision is a powerful tool that formalizes IT feedback, helps kick start IT strategy and delivers a standard to measure great CIOs.
Digital Counties 2014
|On July 10, 2014, the Center for Digital Government (CDG), and the National Association of Counties (NACo) announced the 2014 Digital Counties Survey winners. Read more on this years leading examples of counties using technology to improve services.|
PTI’s Annual Solutions Awards Competition recognizes Miami-Dade County's Private Cloud implementation, where County data is stored and can be accessed from anywhere at any time, securely. As a result of this implementation, the ITD’s Private Cloud infrastructure has saved the County over $2 million in capital and related licensing costs in physical server replacements. This is another avenue where local governments has demonstrated how the use of technology continues to be instrumental in improving community services, internal operations and effectively reducing costs.
The National Association of Counties recognized Miami-Dade County Information Technology Department with the 2013 NACO winner for the Miami-Dade County Residential Health Care Facility (RHCF) Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP).
The RHCF online application enables the submittal of the CEMP to the State which includes Facilities Information, Mutual Aid Agreements, Transportation Agreements, Water Agreements and a Payment Module. This information is utilized in multiple Public Safety applications such as FLIPPER (Florida Interoperable Picture Processing for Emergency Response); 911 Dispatch; Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Incident Reporting; and 311 applications. The CEMP is executed in the event facility residents must be evacuated due to an emergency from health care facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes, adult care living facilities and others. The plan addresses evacuation transportation, alternative sheltering and provisions for emergency power, food and water.
Miami-Dade County’s Information Technology Department Celebrates GIS's 25th Year Winning Nationally Recognized Awards And Grants.
National Association of Counties recognized Miami-Dade County Information Technology Department innovations for 2012.
- Voter Viewer is a GIS application, deployed locally over the county’s intranet that allows all Elections staff to view map based voter locations, streets, addresses, electoral boundaries and VRS data.
- GIS Oblique Imagery, aerial photography that has been captured at a 30-45 degree angle, has simplified functions and triggered the redesign of business processes resulting in cost-savings, more complete analysis and a better quality of services.
- Employee Locator is a GIS application used to assist County officials in directing resources and planning countywide emergency activations by displaying the geographic location of each County employee’s home on a map with photos, personal contact information, work profiles and employee’s work location and associated division.
- IDW Dashboard provides inmate data at a-glance such as; the in-facilities inmate population, outside facilities inmate population, booked count for the previous day, released count for the previous day and the total number of inmates supervised with drill-down detailed inmate report listing.
- Automated Misdemeanor Arraignment Hearing Setting provides a new functionality to the Criminal Justice Information System involving the automatic setting of arraignment court hearings for misdemeanor type cases.
Our technology department won five National Association of Counties awards for programs supporting a wide range of County services.
- Animal Service Routing automated and improved the efficiency of an Animal Services Routing System that handles more than 37,000 annual citizen requests.
- Fire Hydrant Maintenance is a web-based GIS system providing firefighters a more effective tool to serve the fire hydrants.
- Interactive Control and Reporting to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DMV) of Traffic Violation Data is a system designed to comply with the State of Florida electronic reporting requirements for driver citations within our jurisdiction.
- Power IT Down is a centralized system saving costs and energy by automatically powering down County computers at the end of the work day.
- Virtual Desktop Deployment is an initiative that is reducing costs and improving customer service by enhancing our ability to conduct business from remote locations.
Public Technology Institute (PTI) awards Miami-Dade Information Technology Department in two areas of service delivery.
Geographic Information System (GIS)
Significant Achievement - Miami-Dade County, FL [A] Centralized Master Address Repository System
Miami-Dade County, FL [A] Land Information GIS Viewer Website
Miami-Dade County, FL [A] Sexual Offender and Predator Residence Search GIS Website
Winners - Miami-Dade County, FL [A] eNet - Miami-Dade County Employee Web Portal
Miami-Dade County, FL [A] ServiceDirect
The Information Technology Department (formerly Enterprise Technology Services Department (ETSD), is very proud to announce it has received the prestigious National Association of County's Best in Category award of IBM Cognos 8 on System z/Linux, which offers the technology tools for business intelligence available to all departments within Miami-Dade County. Business intelligence is the technology and practice of applying information to make decisions. This is the first time Miami-Dade County has won a Best in Category award!
In addition to Cognos ETSD has won five additional recognition awards. The winning projects are:
- Constituent Identity Synchronization provides a seamless integrated customer service experience on the County's web portal
- e-Notify System enables judicial court notifications, subpoenas and documented response acknowledgements to be sent via the Internet
- ETSD Succession Planning System identifies employee skill sets and professional development for future department staffing needs
- GIS Layer Verification Process provides control checks of GIS production layer updates
- Web Address Search enables customers to enter an address on the web in order to retrieve desired location information from GIS
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.