As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Security Services Division
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer/Information Technology Director, the Chief Security Officer (CSO) serves as the head of the Enterprise Security Office and is the primary person responsible for the Miami-Dade County Enterprise Information Security Program. The CSO is responsible for ensuring that appropriate security controls are defined, and for assisting to implement adequate IT security measures. The CSO is also responsible for:
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of the Information Security Policy countywide
- Conducting security reviews, vulnerability assessments, and annual risk assessments
- Reviewing and approving the security standards for all components of the County’s IT infrastructure
The Enterprise Security Office for Miami-Dade County provides:
- Management and monitoring of the County’s information security infrastructure;
- Security alerts and warnings;
- Response oversight to cyber security incidents;
- Expert IT security assistance and consultation to specific IT operational units, County departments and agencies, external vendors, service providers and contractors;
- Countywide security training and awareness programs;
- Specific technical training for information security professionals, and
- Assistance and consultation on risk management and business continuity planning as they relate to the confidentiality, integrity or availability of IT
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:27:10 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.