(Miami-Dade County, FL) -- Miami-Dade Transit introduces its new Miami-Dade Transit Tracker - an iPhone application that does just about everything for its users, except pay their fare.
Developed internally by MDT's Information Technology staff, this app provides users with specific transit information that allows them to:
- Get bus schedules by bus stop. This is the first time bus riders can obtain this type of specific information without the help of a customer-service agent.
- Have access to real-time Metrorail train arrival times, including the ability to visually track on a map the location of trains as they approach a station.
- Obtain station information, such as connecting bus routes and places of interest near each station.
- Locate nearby bus stops, as well as Metrorail and Metromover stations.
- View the status of elevator and escalator service at Metrorail and Metromover stations.
- Plan a trip on transit using Google.
- View fare information.
- View Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover system maps.
- Submit comments and suggestions regarding a transit experience.
- Access important MDT contact telephone numbers.
"This is an exciting new tool that greatly benefits our riders and improves the way they plan their transit trips,'' said MDT Director Ysela Llort. "It is one of many ways in which we're applying cutting-edge technology to improve our riders' transit experience.''
To get this app, transit users can visit the Apple iTunes App Store and download the Miami-Dade Transit Tracker. It's free and easy to install. This app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iTouch (iOS 4.0+). Miami-Dade Transit Tracker was developed first for the iPhone, but MDT plans to launch other platform versions of the app in the near future.
On Thursday, December 1, 2011, Miami-Dade Transit will host a demonstration of how the Miami-Dade Transit Tracker iPhone app works. Below are details on this presentation: