Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Check your EASY Card Expiration Date
The EASY Cards distributed in 2008 with the introduction of Miami-Dade Transit’s new automated fare collection system are quickly reaching their expiration dates. For customer convenience, the new replacement EASY Cards have a 20 year “life span”.
- Why are the EASY Cards Expiring?
- How do I find the expiration date for my EASY Card?
- My EASY Card is about to expire. What do I do next?
- How do I replace my EASY Card?
- My EASY Card was free. Why do I have to pay for a new card?
- Can I recover the balance on my expiring or expired EASY Card?
- How do I register my EASY Card?
Why are the EASY Cards Expiring?
The EASY Card has a three year “life span” after which it will stop functioning and cannot be used to pay transit fares. As a result, EASY Card customers with expired cards or cards that are nearing their expiration date will need to replace the old cards with new ones.Back to Top
How do I find the expiration date for my EASY Card?
There are several ways to find your EASY Card’s expiration date.
- At Metrorail Stations
Use the Metrorail Station Fare Vending Machine . When using a rail station fare vending machine, select “Balance Inquiry” and tap your card on the machine reader. The screen that is displayed will include the expiration date, as well as any cash value or pass product on the card.
You can check your EASY Card's expiration date at any EASY Card vending machine:
1. Press "C" ("Check Balance")
2. Tap your EASY Card
3. See expiration date at top of screen
- On the Phone
Call the EASY Card Financial Center at 786-469-5151, weekdays (except county observed holidays) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You will need to provide the unique 20 digit identification number found on the back of the EASY Card in the lower right corner. All EASY Cards begin 0161.
Use your online EASY Card account. Customers who have established an online EASY Card account can use the internet to obtain this information.
- Miami-Dade Transit Website
Click Check EASY Card Expiration. Then, enter the unique 20 digit card number (no spaces) on the back of the card in the lower right corner in the designated field. All EASY Cards begin 0161. See the link below.
- Metrorail Faregates and Metrobus Fareboxes
Check the status check screen on the Metrorail faregate and Metrobus farebox. Whenever you pay your fare with an EASY Card, there is a very brief display on the status check screen at the rail faregate and bus farebox that includes the card expiration date. Please pay special attention as this message is only shown for a very brief period.
My EASY Card is about to expire. What do I do next?
To avoid delays in your commute, be sure to replace your EASY Card before the expiration date. An expired card will no longer work on the Metrorail faregates and Metrobus fareboxes and can not be used to pay your transit fare(s). It’s not a good idea to continue to add cash value or fare products to an EASY Card that is about to expire.Back to Top
How do I replace my EASY Card?
- Regular full fare and discount fare passengers, including students with K-12 EASY Cards, must purchase a new EASY Card for $2.
- Patrons who have Golden Passports or Patriot Passports can exchange their old EASY Cards for new ones or pay a $10 replacement fee when the old card is not turned in.
- Patrons who participate in Corporate Pass programs should contact the Corporate Pass Coordinator at their workplace. Corporate passes must be obtained through the Corporate Pass Program.
To get a new card, passengers can buy a full fare EASY Card for $2 at:
Metrorail stations and at Golden Glades EASY Card vending machines
EASY Card retail sales outlets - Call the 311 – Answer Center or visit miamidade.gov/transit for to find an outlet near you.
Transit Service Centers
Government Center (111 NW First Street/Second Level) open weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on county observed holidays.
Overtown Transit Village (701 NW First Court, Suite 121) open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed on county observed holidays.
311 – Service Centers - Visit locations at the South Dade Justice Center (10710 SW 211 Street), North Dade Justice Center (15555 Biscayne Boulevard) or Miami-Dade Permitting Information Center (11805 SW 26 Street).
Online Allow up to 10 days for processing and mail service delivery of your new card.
On the phone by calling the EASY Card Financial Center at 786-469-5151. Allow up to 10 days for processing and mail service delivery of your new card.
Golden Passport or Patriot Passport patrons can exchange their old EASY Cards for new ones or pay a $10 replacement fee when the old card is not turned in.
Corporate Pass patrons should contact the Corporate Pass Coordinator at their workplace. Corporate passes must be obtained through the Corporate Pass Program.Back to Top
My EASY Card was free. Why do I have to pay for a new card?
As a courtesy to Transit riders during the introduction of the new automated fare collection system in October 2009, some 250,000 EASY Cards were distributed free of charge to help roll out the new fare system. Since that initial offering, customers pay $2 for a new card. Only patrons who participate in special pass program such as the Golden Passport or Patriot Passport receive new EASY Cards free of charge, when they turn in an expired card or one nearing its expiration date.Back to Top
Can I recover the balance on my expiring or expired EASY Card?
Yes. Register the new card (if not already registered) to request that the balance from your old card be transferred to your new EASY Card.
- On the phone by calling the EASY Card Financial Center at 786-469-5151, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You will need to provide the unique 20 digit identification number found on the back in the lower right corner of your old and new EASY Cards.
- At the Transit Service Centers located ath the Government Center (111 NW First Street/Second Level), weekdays between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Overtown Transit Village (701 NW First Court/Suite 121), weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Customers who have registered EASY Cards are eligible for balance protection and can transfer their balances.
- Balances are not transferred from an EASY Ticket to a EASY Card.
How do I register my EASY Card?
Register your EASY Card
- On the phone
Contact the EASY Card Financial Center at 786-469-5151 to register your EASY Card. The office is open weekdays (except county observed holidays) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Transit Service Centers
Cards can also be registered at the Transit Service Centers at Government Center (111 NW First Street/Second Level) and Overtown Transit Village.(701 NW First Court, Suite 121) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.