Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Pre-Schoolers Identification Card
Pre-schoolers taller than 42 inches can obtain a pre-school identification. Parents or guardians of pre-schoolers must provide child’s birth certificate and proof of guardianship, and a picture identification of the parent or guardian. Those children less than 42 inches tall ride for FREE when accompanied by an adult.
- Apply at the Transit Service Center , located on the first floor of the Government Center Metrorail station, located at 111 NW 1 Street, Miami, FL 33128.
- The center is open Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. excluding holidays.
- Pre-schoolers less than 42 inches tall can ride Metrobus and Metrorail free at all times with an accompanying adult.
- Metromover is free for everyone
- Parents or guardians of pre-schoolers are encouraged to present proof of age to bus operators and rail personnel to access the system. EASY Cards are not issued to preschoolers.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.