More than 50,000 transit users have downloaded the Transit Tracker iPhone app and have given it rave reviews. Now Android users have the opportunity to give the app a test ride as the Transit Tracker app is now available for Android devices.
Developed internally by Miami-Dade Transit’s (MDT) Information Technology Services staff, this colorful and easy-to-use app is very similar to the Transit Tracker iPhone app launched in November 2011.
Both the iPhone and the newly released Android app are available for FREE and allow transit users to:
- View bus schedules by bus stop and connecting bus routes
- View real-time Metrorail train arrival times, including the ability map the location of trains as they approach a station.
- Obtain station information.
- Locate nearby bus stops, as well as Metrorail and Metromover stations.
- View the status of elevator and escalator service at Metrorail and Metromover stations.
- Plan a trip on transit modes using Google trip planner.
- View fare information.
- View Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover system maps.
- Submit comments and suggestions regarding a transit experience.
- Access important MDT contact telephone numbers.
To obtain the Android app, transit users can type in “Google Play Store” on Google and type “MDT Transit Tracker”. For the iPhone version, visit the Apple iTunes App Store and download the Miami-Dade Transit Tracker. Both versions are free and easy to install.
For more information, call 305-891-3131, weekdays, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. TTY users can call 305-499-8971. Transit users are also encouraged to visit www.miamidade.gov/transit.